General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User scott1990
(newbie) Tue 12-Feb-13 16:23:59
Print Post

Re: Bannockburn FTTC (RFS 01/06/12)

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The BT wholesale checker is now saying March 2014! Surely that's got to be a mistake?
Standard User wrightie
(member) Thu 14-Feb-13 04:38:18
Print Post

[re: scott1990] [link to this post]

It does indeed now say 2014. The email I posted was the most recent response from Openreach, I would be willing to bet that 2014 is a mistake and that cabinet 4 will be accepting orders by end of March 2013. Just to be sure, I have asked Openreach and will post their reply here as soon as I receive it.

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
Standard User gryffe
(newbie) Mon 18-Feb-13 11:25:23
Print Post

[re: wrightie] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wrightie:
It does indeed now say 2014. The email I posted was the most recent response from Openreach, I would be willing to bet that 2014 is a mistake and that cabinet 4 will be accepting orders by end of March 2013. Just to be sure, I have asked Openreach and will post their reply here as soon as I receive it.

I bet it is not a mistake, but really hope you are correct. I too have emailed for clarification. Two links that I have looked at previously had stated the work would be carried out in the first half of this year and the first link now says 2014, the second link says I can only get broadband where previously it said I could get broadband AND fibre, albeit the fibre would not be available till June this year. Now the fibre has been removed
Worrying, if nothing else.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Mon 18-Feb-13 14:51:53
Print Post

[re: gryffe] [link to this post]

Openreach response to another poster

http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4211693-re-...

"The change in dates on the website is as a result of the recent Advertising Standards Agency ruling –Openreach will be moving to provide a six-and-nine-month view of when exchanges will be enabled to improve the accuracy of this data when it is presented to end-users by CPs.

However, the deployment plan remains the same – the majority of people who were given a March date will still be able to receive service by that point, we are just unable to provide a three-month view any more as a result of the ASA ruling.

Whilst in most cases we were able to forecast an accurate date, deploying fibre is a complex engineering job which involves planning consent in some cases, power provision, traffic management, etc. Therefore there will always be the potential for unexpected delays to occur for an individual cabinet. Moving to a six-month view reduces the impact of such delays on our predictions."

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User gryffe
(newbie) Fri 22-Feb-13 13:48:55
Print Post

In reply to a post by gryffe:
In reply to a post by wrightie:

I bet it is not a mistake, but really hope you are correct. I too have emailed for clarification. Two links that I have looked at previously had stated the work would be carried out in the first half of this year and the first link now says 2014, the second link says I can only get broadband where previously it said I could get broadband AND fibre, albeit the fibre would not be available till June this year. Now the fibre has been removed
Worrying, if nothing else.

Latest email I received from person at Openreach, concerning cabinet 8 in Bannockburn

"Our systems indicate that we are in the final stages of completion for the cabinet and this will hopefully be ready for service early-mid March 2013, barring any complications. Please be aware that the systems can take up to 2-3 weeks to reflect this information."
Standard User wrightie
(member) Fri 22-Feb-13 18:22:20
Print Post

Received this today from Openreach:

Thank you for your enquiry. You are connected to the Bannockburn Exchange, cabinet 4 (Cowie)

Our systems indicate that the cabinet is in its final stages of completion and will hopefully be ready for service by early March 2013, barring any complications. Please be aware that the systems can take up to 2-3 weeks to reflect this information.

Fingers crossed!

Hope this info is helpful!

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
Standard User scott1990
(newbie) Tue 26-Feb-13 10:17:20
Print Post

[re: wrightie] [link to this post]

Cabinet 4 Cowie is now accepting orders.
Standard User JohnP53
(newbie) Tue 26-Feb-13 21:40:19
Print Post

I placed order today with Plusnet, here's hoping it all goes well.

cabinet 4 went from estimated March2014 yesterday, to available this morning??.

WBC FTTC Up to 63.7 Up to 20 -- Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
ADSL Max Up to 2 -- 1 to 3 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available

I doubt I will get anywhere near 63.7 ,cabinet is about 350m from house,but anything over 2 is a bonus

Hope the rest of you guys dont have much longer to wait.
Standard User scott1990
(newbie) Tue 26-Feb-13 21:57:53
Print Post

[re: JohnP53] [link to this post]

I too placed an order with Plusnet just waiting on my MAC code from my current provider.

Ive been quoted 57mb but i live in Dr Campbell avenue which is quite a fair bit away so im not expecting anywhere near that. But as you say anything over 2mb is a major bonus!

Good Luck!
Standard User Kev73
(newbie) Tue 26-Feb-13 22:03:13
Print Post

I live in Fincastle Place and according to the checker, I am attached to cabinet P22 which is at the end of my street. It says it is not part of a phase so does anyone have any idea if our estate is not in the plans?

Cheers
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to