General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User wrightie
(member) Tue 15-Jan-13 01:58:29
Print Post

Re: Bannockburn FTTC (RFS 01/06/12)

[re: JohnP53] [link to this post]

I cannot wait, have had so much trouble with my broadband for over 12 months, Openreach engineers have said the cables from P4 back to the exchange are not functioning correctly, and simply cannot cope with a broadband signal (15+ engineer visits in 14 months!) Openreach will not fix the cables and my only hope of a stable connection is FTTC

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
Standard User gryffe
(newbie) Thu 17-Jan-13 19:54:19
Print Post

[re: wrightie] [link to this post]

More delays at Bannockburn! End Feb is now end March.

"After discussions with the project manager, the majority of the build for Bannockburn 8 is complete. However, we are currently waiting for the power utility company to schedule a date when they will connect the power, install a meter and certify the cabinet. As such I cannot give you an exact date for when the cab is due to go live, however, we are hoping for the end of March."
Standard User veletron
(learned) Fri 18-Jan-13 16:12:32
Print Post

[re: gryffe] [link to this post]

Hi

Interested to know how you managed to contact the project manager. BT has never responded to my direct queries regarding P17. The only response I did manage to get was after my local MP wrote, but the 'taking orders' date for P17 on that letter is now well past.

With around 800 properties on P17, mostly at speeds less than 5Mbits this has to be one of the larger cabinets not yet completed for the Bannockburn roll out.

Nigel

BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
For Postcode FK7 7XX
Available Products

WBC FTTC Up to 72.3 Up to 20 -- 30-Jun-13
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 2.5 -- 1 to 4 Available
ADSL Max Up to 2 -- 1 to 3.5 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available

Edited by veletron (Fri 18-Jan-13 16:16:39)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User gryffe
(newbie) Sun 20-Jan-13 11:01:55
Print Post

[re: veletron] [link to this post]

I didnt have direct correspondance with the PM. My post has a direct quote from the email sent to me by somebody at BT who had been speaking with the PM.
Standard User veletron
(learned) Fri 25-Jan-13 10:51:11
Print Post

[re: gryffe] [link to this post]

Just seen this from roadworks Scotland at the location of Cabinet P17

Low Impact Works (1487127)
Road Name Pike Road, Stirling, Stirling.
Location Side 2 Maurice Avenue On Pike Road
Works Dates 18/02/2013 - 28/02/2013
Work Type STANDARD
Roadworks Authority Stirling Council
Works Promoter British Telecom
Works Promoter Contact No. 0800 3282873
Works Reference BT020-S000000036610

Hopefully that means it might be installed before the June 2013 date on BT's own site. Might be worth others re-checking www.roadworksscotland.org for works near their cabs.

Nigel
Standard User veletron
(learned) Thu 31-Jan-13 10:27:21
Print Post

Crikey, a response from BT:

Thank you for your enquiry. You are connected to the Bannockburn Exchange, cabinet 17.

We have been experiencing some engineering problems with the deployment of your cabinet, however, our systems do indicate that the cabinet will hopefully be ready for service towards the end of March 2013, barring any complications.

I suggest you continue to monitor our Web-Site which will keep you up to date with our latest deployment news for your exchange, the site also contains FAQs.

The Web-Site can be viewed using the following link:

http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/...

I am sorry I cannot provide a definite date at this time.

When a cab is on 'Hold, Deferred or Delayed, unfortunately the dates shown on the website, (which are advisory only), display the end of the current quarter, which will roll over at the end of the current quarter. This continues until we have either a specific date for the cabinet to go live or it is cancelled out of the program. I'm sorry this causes confusion.
Standard User wrightie
(member) Fri 08-Feb-13 21:37:57
Print Post

Email from Openreach regarding Cabinet 4 - Cowie

Thank you for your enquiry. You are connected to the Bannockburn Exchange, cabinet 4.

We have been experiencing some engineering problems with the deployment of your cabinet, however, our systems indicate that the cabinet will hopefully be ready for service towards the end of April 2013, barring any further complications.

I suggest you continue to monitor our Web-Site which will keep you up to date with our latest deployment news for your exchange, the site also contains FAQs.

The Web-Site can be viewed using the following link:

http://www.openreach-communications.co.uk/superfast/...

I am sorry I cannot provide a definite date at this time.

When a cabinet is on ‘Hold, Deferred or Delayed, unfortunately the dates shown on the website, (which are advisory only), display the end of the current quarter, which will roll over at the end of the current quarter. This continues until we have either a specific date for the cabinet to go live or it is cancelled out of the program. I’m sorry this causes confusion.

Regards,

Julie

Julie Cummings BWA613
Network Investment Customer Engagement

Oh well, so much for February!

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
Standard User gryffe
(newbie) Mon 11-Feb-13 12:25:43
Print Post

Latest regarding cabinet 8 for Bannockburn, work to start this week

Road Name Station Road, Bannockburn, Stirling.
Location Opposite 17 Across Carriage Way To Outside 17 Station Road
Works Dates 14/02/2013 - 26/02/2013
Work Type STANDARD
Roadworks Authority Stirling Council
Works Promoter British Telecom
Works Promoter Contact No. 0800 3282873
Works Reference BT020-S000000037292
Standard User scott1990
(newbie) Tue 12-Feb-13 16:11:23
Print Post

[re: wrightie] [link to this post]

Hi im also connected to cabinet 4 - Cowie, when i checked the BT website yesterday it said it would be available in June.

I've just checked again and now there is no date for Infinity at all!

Any idea why this has happened?
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Feb-13 16:15:22
Print Post

[re: scott1990] [link to this post]

The new batch of 99 exchanges I believe has coincided with them adjusting other dates, and some cabinets have slipped down the queues and others will have gone up the queue.

Some winners and some losers

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to