General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User simon194
(member) Mon 20-Aug-12 21:48:59
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Hastings Part 2

[re: Fibre_fan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Fibre_fan:
Simon did you see the improved speeds almost immediately?

I'm waiting patiently for the ten days to pass but i am not seeing encouraging results from random bt speed tests at 10 in the morning thus far.

I plan on resetting tonight, just in case, then I plan to start placing calls to bt from the end of the week if no improvements.

Not panicking yet smile lol

The increase was almost immediate but I didn't get the full speed until I rebooted the router. I'm not sure what was going on with it but the download and upload speeds were all over the place until I did.
Standard User Fibre_fan
(newbie) Thu 23-Aug-12 02:21:22
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Cheers thats very helpful I shall do that now myself - I wasn't going to as I'd seen 'some' improvements, but like you, they have still been sporadic.

Ta
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 23-Aug-12 09:51:23
Print Post

[re: Fibre_fan] [link to this post]

Rats, rats, and treble rats...

Just found out that the client I was hoping to get onto Infinity is, as BT calls them, EO.

Wellington Square is covered by 'Exchange Only' lines. No cabinet, therefore no FTTC, therefore no Infinity.
Basically anyone in the town centre within range of the exchange will have to wait for FTTP - Probably about 4 years away...

BTW - Does anyone else find the CAPTCHAs on this site virtually impossible to read? I'm on about my 20th refresh so far & the only one I thought I could read I got wrong...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User sjr
(knowledge is power) Thu 23-Aug-12 10:15:35
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

Given the proximity of Wellington Sq to the exchange they should be able to get a very good ADSL2+ service there and you could perhaps look at bonding lines if more speed is needed.

Get yourself a login for the site and you won't see the Captchas. You'll also benefit from less ads, the ability to see updates to threads more clearly, and everybody else can see who is saying what as some threads can get a bit confusing with multiple anonymous posters.
Standard User simon194
(member) Thu 23-Aug-12 11:33:02
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Rats, rats, and treble rats...

Just found out that the client I was hoping to get onto Infinity is, as BT calls them, EO.

Wellington Square is covered by 'Exchange Only' lines. No cabinet, therefore no FTTC, therefore no Infinity.
Basically anyone in the town centre within range of the exchange will have to wait for FTTP - Probably about 4 years away...

BTW - Does anyone else find the CAPTCHAs on this site virtually impossible to read? I'm on about my 20th refresh so far & the only one I thought I could read I got wrong...

FTTP rollout in Hastings may start at the end of next year depending on the status of the FTTC rollout. The local council stumped up a considerable amount of money for the local "superfast" project. Openreach are also going to be offering Network Rearrangement as an option, but this may only be covered under the BDUK funding, which as I understand it is seen as a possible solution the EO lines problem.

Edited by simon194 (Thu 23-Aug-12 11:33:33)

Standard User Richeh
(committed) Wed 26-Sep-12 22:33:47
Print Post

[re: Richeh] [link to this post]

So has anyone who had a 30th September date been able to order recently?

I can only get a mention of FTTC on the wholesale checker if I use the postcode search as I have a Sky landline the telephone checker doesn't work and the address checker doesn't mention FTTC. I'm on cabinet 8 of the Baldslow exchange which has 100% of the lines.

I would have thought it should roll over to end of December by now if it wasn't going to be upgraded but the cabinet I thought was mine that had a big fibre looking cabinet next to it actually turns out to be a Vodafone box frown

Back at parents:

Sky Broadband Unlimited:
4mb down 768k up frown

Waiting on fibre...

Edited by Richeh (Wed 26-Sep-12 22:34:29)

Standard User sjr
(knowledge is power) Thu 27-Sep-12 11:34:59
Print Post

Yes, I was able to place an order last week; Hastings exchange, Gillsmans Hill area
Standard User Gandalf
(committed) Thu 27-Sep-12 14:40:09
Print Post

I'm on cabinet three, and it's still saying september. Also, checking the roadworks page here

I have this:
Description: Connections Highway Services: Connections NEW INDIVIDUAL SUPPLY Excavate joint bay and trench 5m in footway and 5m for cable ID for new service to BT cabinet. Footway - excavations

Due to start tomorrow smile So hopefully that's the last stage of getting my cabinet up and running laugh

Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 26-Oct-12 19:27:04
Print Post

[re: Gandalf] [link to this post]

Castleham Exchange has FTTC enable date is 2013 according to samknows.com
Standard User simon194
(member) Sat 27-Oct-12 00:39:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by Anonymous:
Castleham Exchange has FTTC enable date is 2013 according to samknows.com

It was announced at the end of last month. The target 100% fibre coverage in the town by the end of 2014 could be on the cards still as long a a viable solution to the exchange only lines becomes available.

I found an interesting item hidden away on the council's web site the other day which proposed another target of 100% FTTP availability by the end of 2017. The way it read the proposal was for proper FTTP, as in being able to order FTTP, rather than having to go down the potentially expensive "FTTP on Demand" route which will be available next year.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to