General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User simon194
(committed) Mon 07-Jan-13 17:25:18
Print Post

Re: FTTC in Hastings Part 2

[re: Richeh] [link to this post]

Just a heads up for anyone living in Westfield connected to the Baldslow exchange, fibre is apparently available to order from tomorrow (8th Jan).
Standard User peterthepiper
(experienced) Mon 07-Jan-13 18:05:33
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

I'm technically part of Westfield but as I'm on the A21 I'm stuck in the slow lane, happy for Westfield though.

Standard User SalJam
(newbie) Sat 19-Jul-14 19:01:25
Print Post

[re: peterthepiper] [link to this post]

I know i'm resurrecting an old thread, but currently there are building works near cabinet 29. Namely, on the road and on the road side of the fence, on the grassy area. It finally looks like open reach are putting in an FTTC cabinet. Just last week Thursday 17 July, i saw an openreach engineer in the cabinet itself.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User SalJam
(newbie) Mon 21-Jul-14 16:00:43
Print Post

[re: Richeh] [link to this post]

Sorry for double post, but i have found this :
"HASTINGS 29 278628 - 10 DAY POWER AND DSLAM:STREET CABINET& POWER INSTALLATION. Excavate to lay app.."
This is from the east sussex county council roadworks website. Its looks as though we may have fttc by the end of september estimated date.
Standard User simon194
(experienced) Mon 21-Jul-14 16:12:43
Print Post

[re: SalJam] [link to this post]

I drove past there today on my way back from getting a new tyre fitted to the car and there wasn't any work going on.

I wonder what fibre cab is going to be installed. The last three I know about have all been Huawei 288's instead of ECI's like the rest of town.
Standard User Als
(experienced) Thu 24-Jul-14 18:49:49
Print Post

[re: SalJam] [link to this post]

Roadworks.org says 'HASTINGS 29 278628 - 10 DAY POWER AND DSLAM:STREET CABINET& POWER INSTALLATION. Excavate to lay app...'
So we may get fibre by the end of the year but I wouldn't bet any money on it...

Als

Edited by Als (Thu 24-Jul-14 18:56:22)

Standard User simon194
(experienced) Fri 25-Jul-14 00:17:00
Print Post

[re: Als] [link to this post]

The BT Wholesale checker, www.dslchecker.bt.com, is currently showing estimates for cab 29 with an availability date of 30-Sep-14 so hopefully it will be before then assuming there aren't any unexpected problems.

Edited by simon194 (Fri 25-Jul-14 00:19:52)

Standard User simon194
(experienced) Sat 02-Aug-14 00:55:26
Print Post

Drove down Frederick Road this afternoon and a Huawei 288 cab has been stood and also PCP 34 on White Rock Road also has a Huawei 288 attached. I also spotted what looks like a Huawei 128 cab at the top of Ivyhouse Lane but there were barriers obscuring a much of it.
Standard User SalJam
(newbie) Fri 08-Aug-14 07:43:42
Print Post

Im checking the when and where site daily, waiting for a response. They have a beta site now that shows our cabinet as :
Enabled area

"Your area is enabled for Superfast Fibre but your cabinet is not ready yet so you canít place an order today. It is in our plans to be upgraded and we update this info weekly, so please check back later."

From reading a few FTTC install diary's, the 30th of september could be correct. It appears to be approx 5-8 weeks after the cabinet is installed, before ordering is available. We need to see openreach engineers there i think to patch us in first. I think the fact that they dug for electrical connections and placed it so near to the manhole may save us one step in the process.
Standard User Als
(experienced) Sun 28-Sep-14 07:39:23
Print Post

The Infinity checker now says 'Fibre optic broadband is estimated to be in your area between October 2014 and March 2015'.
Sigh

Als
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to