General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 21-Aug-12 23:48:34
Print Post

Re: Milton Keynes NGA Nearly Done?

[re: VictorMeldrew] [link to this post]

Interestingly a lot less than BT has announced.

It seems they changed their minds but have yet to tell anyone and are REFUSING to talk to Milton Keynes Council.

There were a load of areas listed as Phase 8b for FTTP but none has gone in except Monkston.

We've now found that out Bradwell Common is goiing to be FTTC not a mix of FTTP/FTTC and suspect other areas (around 10,000 properties) are in a similar situation.

So in answer to your question is was looking like 23% but could actually be <10%.

We're trying to obtain in the information and will post when we get it.

Regards,

Gareth
Standard User biffo1963
(newbie) Thu 23-Aug-12 16:14:45
Print Post

[re: biffo1963] [link to this post]

F. A. O. Bilbocroft - the BT ADSL checker is now showing that FTTC is available on my mate's number in Maynard Close , so hopefully it's available on yours too !

JHB
Standard User bilbocroft
(newbie) Tue 28-Aug-12 13:35:39
Print Post

[re: biffo1963] [link to this post]

Just discovered all your very useful information John - no idea what happened to the email notification? Just handed over our MAC to BT, ( prised out of the hands of a very reluctantly Demon) . Engineer due here Sept 17th, although all of the week before was available, we are going to be away.

Not looking forward to the switchover though - we've become very dependent on the internet.

Thanks again for your helpful posts, John, sorry for the tardy response.

Carol

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User biffo1963
(newbie) Tue 28-Aug-12 17:45:09
Print Post

[re: bilbocroft] [link to this post]

Carol,

You're very welcome ! I guess the email notification was likely to appear no faster than the snail-mail notification, but in any case you've pre-empted that by placing an order.

My Infinity installation involved no noticeable loss of service at all, it was done at about 09:30 and I tend not to use the internet that early in the day. Good luck with yours !

John

JHB
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Tue 02-Oct-12 17:53:42
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

BT have now confirmed plans to complete fttc/fttp deployment in urban Milton Keynes between October 2012-April 2013.

Technology deployed is that indicated in the Dec 2010 PCP list in most cases but information from BT is contradictory. Timescales appear to indicate a 3-6 month delay compared to previous information.

This brings 90%+ coverage of nga with around 20,000 homes connected to fttp.

New homes built in the last 5 years are not included in this phase of the rollout in most cases and some cabinets have significant delays due to technical problems.

Gareth
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to