General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ev_Networks
(newbie) Tue 07-Aug-12 13:03:06
Print Post

Re: Bonded FTTC is nice :)

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

Nice.

Weve found when bonding FTTC lines, especially with other technologies that you definitely need the horsepower both at the CPE and within the network. Generally speaking its just because of the sheer amount of data that is being shifted.

Bonding FTTC can be done with a CPE endpoint device though, and not just a high powered PC, and not just with MLPPP!

evolving networks
www.evolving-networks.co.uk
[email protected]
0845 652 2212
Moderator billford
(moderator) Tue 07-Aug-12 13:19:40
Print Post

[re: Ev_Networks] [link to this post]

The use of multiple usernames is not permitted on this bbs.

I won't take any action on this occasion, but select whichever username you prefer and stick to it in future.

Bill
[email protected] __________________Planes and Boats and ... __________________BQM
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband moderator but it does not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Thu 23-Aug-12 15:33:28
Print Post

[re: billford] [link to this post]

Is there a way to bond

- Virgin Media 100Mb service
- BT Infinity 2 80MB service

together?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 23-Aug-12 15:41:40
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

VPN bonding would do that http://beusergroup.co.uk/technotes/index.php/VPN_Bon...
Or use a load balancing router like a Routerboard 450G or pfsense.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User uno
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 23-Aug-12 17:16:19
Print Post

[re: Anonymous] [link to this post]

There will be many but the latency jitter Virgin connection will likely impact the bonded connection.

We tried it here on a Virgin business connection before it was removed. Even with the connection supposedly having better QoS than a residential connection, the poor latency affected the bonded circuit. When we used it on connections with better (and more stable) latency, it performed much better.

Matt

uno Broadband
t: 0808 221 8642
Official Maidenhead, Milton Keynes & Sheffield Speedtest.net Host
Standard User dragon2611
(committed) Thu 23-Aug-12 22:42:13
Print Post

[re: Adsl24] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Adsl24:
I found the routerboard 450G starts to struggle (CPU maxing at 100%) around 10Mb, so we now use a x86 machine running the RouterOS software and 4 NIC cards.

Is that a Typo and you mean 10MB or do you really mean 10Mbit/s?

I've had 40Mbit/s out of an RB750 on 2x ~23Mbit/s ADSL2+ lines using MLPPP and the 450G is a more powerful unit.

Although This was a while ago, I seem to remember the RB being rather bad at handling a line dropout (The PPP client wouldn't drop one of the sessions and instead there would be massive packetloss)

however there have been many routerOS releases since then so not sure if they've since fixed that.
Anonymous
(Unregistered)Fri 24-Aug-12 14:16:28
Print Post

[re: uno] [link to this post]

Who could I go with for this? Most seem to not be able to bond different ISPs with above 80MB/sec for a single connection.

I do not have a VPN, I want to do it to the general internet.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to