General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User curtmantle
(learned) Sat 16-Mar-13 12:08:27
Print Post

Re: Basingstoke FTTC - Part 2: The Unlucky Few

[re: moosedog] [link to this post]

You'll be fine I'm sure. At least I am proof that it IS up and running (I wasn't prepared to 100% believe it until it was installed!)

Good luck and enjoy! smile
Standard User psyclick
(newbie) Tue 19-Mar-13 19:48:54
Print Post

[re: curtmantle] [link to this post]

Mine was suppose to be installed on the 22nd, but BT have delayed it until the 4th April.

It's only a couple of weeks, but I'd really started to get excited, frown

Here's hoping it's not delayed again . . .
Standard User moosedog
(newbie) Thu 21-Mar-13 20:41:13
Print Post

All up and running getting 39.80mb d/l and 9.98 u/l so sky as good as thr word had to wait a long time for engineer to come ,but he done it all in an hour .

finally got decent speeds

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User coddgiles
(newbie) Wed 27-Mar-13 15:09:00
Print Post

[re: moosedog] [link to this post]

Brilliant, Just had mine installed today by BT and getting the same download and upload speeds as you Moosedog smile
What a difference!!
Standard User olicuk
(newbie) Fri 05-Apr-13 00:34:43
Print Post

So now that many of the most complained about cabs (66, 77, 101) etc have been made or are very nearly live, which cabinets have still not been upgraded? I'm waiting for PCP102 (~400m away) despite living <40m from one FTTC enabled cabinet and ~100m from another... arrgh!
Standard User Californiagrant
(newbie) Thu 14-Nov-13 20:29:09
Print Post

[re: olicuk] [link to this post]

Hello. I've just joined after learning we will be on cabinet 102 for our new house in the Popley Way Taylor Wimpey site (Everest). Have there been any updates? I've checked BT's resources and I'm starting to wonder if setting up 101 was it and they have left 102 to a much much later date. I'm looking for signs of hope because 3MB sounds like living without oxygen after enjoying over 35MB in Eastleigh. Even of thinking of going to satellite if it means a year of not waiting. Looking for any type of time frame if there is one.
best wishes,
G
Standard User olicuk
(newbie) Fri 15-Nov-13 14:14:11
Print Post

[re: Californiagrant] [link to this post]

Hi, no concrete dates, but both B+D Council and Openreach have said the cabinet will be upgraded under the commercial rollout, and there's not long to go until that's complete... also with a number of local cabinets covered by BDUK funding being upgraded before March 14, you'd think they'd do ours at the same time. I'll try Andy Dowling again to see if he has any new info. The last Openreach told me directly was that the cabinet was in "Phase 13A" and that was Q4 13/14 which I'd take to mean about now... but it could mean lots of things!

I just succumbed to Sky Broadband and after the first 10 days it's settled at 4Mbps down, 768k up, which isn't the 60Mbps I had from Virgin where I lived previously, but is more stable than the 3 mobile broadband I'd been using trying to avoid a slow fixed line. I use the connection to back up a web server several nights a week, which downloads 4-5Gb a time, and that seems to be working pretty much at the full 4Mbps.

Good luck and enjoy the new house!
Standard User olicuk
(newbie) Tue 19-Nov-13 08:24:49
Print Post

Hi again, just to say Andy replied to say there's no particular news, it still appears to be planned to happen and he's not heard it won't be the originally planned FTTP, but Openreach aren't providing any dates. He thinks it's possibly down to waiting until TW have finished building the site, which it looks like they nearly have now. I can sort of see why if they are actually going to install FTTP, though if it were FTTC I don't see what difference it makes. With the completion of building and the end of the commercial rollout both being not far away, I'm hopeful it won't be too long now.
Standard User Anonymous_Mook
(newbie) Fri 07-Feb-14 14:56:41
Print Post

I've been chasing up cabinet 102 via the nga_enquiries email address occasionally since I moved into Everest Park last January. In March 2013, I was told March 2014. I've just had the following message

Dear {Anonymous_Mook},

Thank you for your enquiry about Basingstoke exchange cabinet 102.

This exchange is currently accepting orders but the coverage deployed to date did not enable your cabinet area.

Basingstoke cabinet 102 is currently on hold.

Openreach must make best use of the funds committed by BT Group and as such it is not possible to provide coverage to 100% of an exchange area which is why we select cabinets that provide the best coverage at the time the deployment takes place. As a business we do intend to revisit selected exchanges around the UK with the view of trying to close some of the gaps left during the first tranche of deployment.

I cannot provide firm assurances now on timescales but I can advise that this cabinet will be reassessed later in the year.

For further questions, please go to the FAQ section on our website,http://www.openreachfibrebroadband.co.uk/faq/

Regards

NGA Enquiries

Considering the announcement of funds from BDUK to put fiber into less profitable areas than Popley (cabinets further from power and with less phone lines), my guess is that BT are holding off spending any of their own money in favour of getting the government to pay for it frown

Edited by Anonymous_Mook (Fri 07-Feb-14 15:15:36)

Standard User olicuk
(newbie) Sat 03-May-14 12:17:12
Print Post

[re: Anonymous_Mook] [link to this post]

I've now set up a site to gauge the real interest from those connected to PCP102, assuming enough sign up we can then apply some pressure on Openreach and others. If you live in Everest Park or one of the roads supplied by this cabinet please pass your support... http://fibre.everestpark.org.uk
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to