General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Sun 07-Oct-12 00:17:40
Print Post

Re: Confused by cabinets

[re: carnbeejohn] [link to this post]

Try

nga.enquiries at openreach.co.uk

or

nga.complaints.or.enquiries at openreach.co.uk

Standard User carnbeejohn
(newbie) Sun 07-Oct-12 17:02:11
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

thanks will give them a go
Standard User markodeablo
(member) Thu 11-Oct-12 14:32:34
Print Post

[re: carnbeejohn] [link to this post]

Hi,
I've got to say that I emailed them and got a reply basically saying there were high volumes of emails and they would get back to me at some point..
Its been a week and heard nothing more, so I'm a little bit pessimistic..

Neighbours had infinity for a while, I still can't get it even though relevant cabinets been upgraded for months and BT retail knows nothing... doh!

Sky max - still no fibre 18 months after original go live..

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Thu 11-Oct-12 15:27:05
Print Post

[re: markodeablo] [link to this post]

It could be a database error, or you could be on a diffrent cabinet to your neighbour.

If you want to PM me your postcode and house number I'll take a look and see what I can find out.

(newbie) Thu 11-Oct-12 23:16:13
Print Post

I have emailed them as well and got the same response you did but am still hopeful they will respond it may just take time!! You think there must be an easier way do get information - why don't they publish details then at least we would know. Another pig just flew over!
(newbie) Sat 13-Oct-12 21:17:43
Print Post

I had emailed openreach and although no response yet I was able to go on to the TT website and order fibre and also see the BT checker is now recognising my address!! I put this down to the email and just shows that it works. Thank you all for your suggestions. Very happy assuming no further hitches and they actually do come and link me up....will know soon enough!
(member) Mon 15-Oct-12 11:53:13
Print Post

Woohoo got an answer back from OpenReach:-

I can advise that the cab in question, cab 9 on the Canterbury exchange, is due to complete by February 2013. There are delays unfortunately that have been caused as traffic management and road closures have been required to carry out the work needed to ready the cab for fibre broadband.

Well that saves me listening to the cab to see if its actually working and looking a bit weird on a public road (or weirder than normal!) smile

So it takes a while for them to respond about 9 or 10 working days, but they seem to eventually.

Id like to say a massive thanks to Ronski for all his hard work locating the cabinet!
Roll on Feb.

Standard User R0NSKI
(committed) Mon 15-Oct-12 13:18:20
Print Post

Your welcome, glad you got positive reply, as least you know its on it's way.

Not surprised it takes them that long to reply, they must be snowed under with emails.

(member) Tue 12-Mar-13 16:54:53
Print Post

Well what do you know, BT have decided to put back the installation of FTTC until March 2014!
I give up, I actually am beginning to believe that it will never be done, its taken 2 years of dates and now another one. Doh!

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Tue 12-Mar-13 17:07:32
Print Post

The so far away in the distance date just means it is part of the plans, but after complaints about dates moving they have moved them so far away now that they can be more sure of hitting it.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to