General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User zedbong
(regular) Wed 05-Sep-12 17:57:59
Print Post

Re: FTTP

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Very interesting, so I expect that will be how they do it in our case.

Do you have any pics of how the fibre is terminated in the home? I expect it will be quite close to where it comes in and then to ethernet?

That telephone pole looks a bit worse for wear - I can remember about 40 years ago (I was about 6) when all the telephone poles were put up in our road one summer...
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 05-Sep-12 18:46:01
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

If you wrote as many words a day as I have been of late you would be more forgiving.
2 reviews in last week, one more in final stages, another 70% written.

http://www.coolwebhome.co.uk/fibre-cornwall/ has most of the pictures from the trip, with a short title to each image to help.

Just threw this up there, so not as pretty as it could be.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User simon194
(member) Wed 05-Sep-12 19:18:36
Print Post

[re: zedbong] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zedbong:
Very interesting, so I expect that will be how they do it in our case.

Do you have any pics of how the fibre is terminated in the home? I expect it will be quite close to where it comes in and then to ethernet?

That telephone pole looks a bit worse for wear - I can remember about 40 years ago (I was about 6) when all the telephone poles were put up in our road one summer...

There's a pic of an ONT that has been used for FTTP trials here.

I think there's another one supplied now because there is a battery backup unit that's connected as well.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Sep-12 21:29:08
Print Post

The blown fibre tube (as can be seen leaving the manifold in Mr.S's photo) will be provided to a Customer Splice Point, an external joint box, from here a ruggedised fibre will be run in to the ONTE.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 05-Sep-12 21:33:09
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

I have a load of those pictures too, will see if I can get something up quickly tomorrow

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Wed 05-Sep-12 21:33:47
Print Post

The fibre blown through the tube actually has four separate fibres in it. It is blown from the fibre 'DP' from here spliced on to a designated fibre back to the splitter node. In the splitter, the feeds are split 32 ways.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 05-Sep-12 22:32:53
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
If you wrote as many words a day as I have been of late you would be more forgiving.
'Twas a complete tongue-in -cheek post Andrew smile. Big clue in the last line.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk
Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost. Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 56.0/13.9Mbps @ 600m.

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to