General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User haz1000
(newbie) Sat 13-Oct-12 17:44:58
Print Post

Re: attenuation differences help

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The ideal situation is the master socket and modem as close to where the line enters the property and any extensions wired off that.

Star wiring which is what you've described is not good for VDSL, and if one extension is working for the phone and not the VDSL modem (and you have no master socket ADSL filter faceplates) then this goes a long way to explaining your speed issues - probably

Ah right well as said all i know about the situation is the BT fitted the second line and did it that way over 20 years ago so i donít think they had internet in mind lol, i was thinking about replacing both faceplates with some of those ADSL nation ones but i did not want to risk it after reading what BT could do to you if you mess with their sockets lol. I should be home in the next 45 mins so ill get some pics took upload them to show you the set up just to confirm things.

If this is the case though what are my options and will they cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks again harry

PS thanks for the link RobertoS as said ill double confirm when i get home off the top of my head i cant remember what the insides like smile

Edited by haz1000 (Sat 13-Oct-12 17:46:44)

Standard User haz1000
(newbie) Sun 14-Oct-12 18:43:13
Print Post

Re: attenuation differences help

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Chances are you have the two top left here, where the 1A is the master (with the capacitor at the top), and the 3A is the extension, (no capacitor).

Now have a few pics not the best and i still dont have the one in my dads bedroom as hes not been well so been in bed. will upload that when hes out of bed

link to pics

Ive actually found out the extention to his bedroom dose not come out of the box outside it actually dose come into the kitchen some were but i can seam to find the other end of it and as far as i can tell it dose not go into the back of the socket in the kitchen.

Harry

Edited by haz1000 (Sun 14-Oct-12 18:44:52)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to