General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User partial
(member) Sun 18-Nov-12 17:18:12
Print Post

Re: FTTC Upgrades of Unviable and Unplanned Street Cabinets

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

As I keep posting, obviously to myself, there has been major roadworks going on here for months. You simply could not work there.

The eagle eyed may have noticed one fttc cabinet being planted and then being removed when it got in the way of the roadworks.

The even more eagle eyed may have noticed copper and fibre tubes being rerouted around the roadworks in nice shiny new ducts.

Now the roadworks are coming to an end I would expect 53 and more importantly 1 to be deployed sooner or later.
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 18-Nov-12 17:37:07
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by partial:
As I keep posting, obviously to myself, there has been major roadworks going on here for months. You simply could not work there.

The eagle eyed may have noticed one fttc cabinet being planted and then being removed when it got in the way of the roadworks.

The even more eagle eyed may have noticed copper and fibre tubes being rerouted around the roadworks in nice shiny new ducts.

Now the roadworks are coming to an end I would expect 53 and more importantly 1 to be deployed sooner or later.

Obviously the roadworks delayed things and may even have forced 53 to be moved too far from power except I didn't say any of that I just said that it had been taken off the list. Not the case for 1 which continues to have an RFS of 31st December. I can only apologise if it offends you that Openreach disagree with your view of their NGA rollout.
Standard User partial
(member) Mon 19-Nov-12 21:52:37
Print Post

Doesn't offend me. I don't care either way. Indeed my cabinet is not on the FTTC rollout list and my exchange is not even on the 21cn 24meg list. If it mattered to me, I'd simply move.

But if you are plucking cabinets out of the air 2 or 3 hundred miles away and it is one I know well, I'm gonna comment on it. Sorry if it offends or does not fit in the agenda.

Of course, I would be foolish to comment on one in Leeds, 2 or 3 hundreds miles away ....

Edited by partial (Mon 19-Nov-12 21:56:58)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Tue 20-Nov-12 09:37:21
Print Post

Your comments and local knowledge were most appreciated, too, until the previous patronising post.
(knowledge is power) Wed 26-Dec-12 17:51:00
Print Post

Comparison Cabinet Being Upgraded

Just to update this the cabinet I was looking at in Leeds has been added to the Openreach rollout.

Openreach thought it passed 96 premises, obviously not enough in normal circumstances to justify an upgrade, it in fact passes 393, and counting, and is one of the largest cabinets on the exchange.

Thanks all for the advice and comments.
Standard User partial
(member) Thu 13-Jun-13 21:53:44
Print Post

Partial -
I'll let you know when FTTC53 gets planted

Ignition-
I can only apologise if it offends you that Openreach disagree with your view of their NGA rollout.

Just letting you know - it's been planted. wink

Edited by partial (Thu 13-Jun-13 22:06:37)

(knowledge is power) Thu 13-Jun-13 22:58:15
Print Post

Evidently taken off the list, given Openreach themselves said it had been, and then put back onto it and built per original plan - a good thing for those on 53.

I did actually notice it had been built, saw the thread.

Kinda scary you felt the need to bump a 7 month old thread to say that, but whatever makes you happy. I'm far more interested in that the cabinet that allegedly was too small to be viable that I was looking at should be stood this summer.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Thu 13-Jun-13 22:59:23)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 13-Jun-13 23:09:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Kinda scary you felt the need to bump a 7 month old thread to say that
Not really
I'll let you know when FTTC53 gets planted

__________________________________________________________________________The back pedalling starts here__________________
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to