General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Fri 09-Nov-12 09:02:19
Print Post

Re: Will I ever get Fibre? :-( Exchange enabled but cant ge

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Bob_s2:
Does Cabinet P128 say it is Unplanned.
The December 2011 data is totally useless for that purpose now. There are known to have been three updates since. Almost certainly now four or five.
If it does it is likely to be in the Commercial rollout.
Which therefore does not follow. We have no idea whether or not cabinet 128 is now planned.
To try to establish if you are an EO line the best bet is to try the Royal Mail Post Code checker. THis will list all the addresses on that Postcode. The chances are that the 9% will be at one end of the street.
I've not heard that one before. Sounds a good idea. Often it also turns out to be a new estate somewhere in the middle, but I agree they will probably be grouped.
You could also contact whoever is responsible for the BDUK rollout in your areas. Some are more helpful than others most will tell you whether you are in the assisted rollout or not.
Again worth a try, but tempered by the possibility it may now be OR-scheduled and nothing to do with BDUK.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.5/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Fri 09-Nov-12 09:41:54
Print Post

Re: Will I ever get Fibre? :-( Exchange enabled but cant ge

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Piostcodes normall cover quite a smallnumber of homes typicly nomore than about 50 so a new estate is likely to have a different postcode.

Who ever is responsible for the BDUK rollout in the area will in many cases if you give themyour house number and Postcode tell you whether you are in the Assisted or Commercial Rollout. They would also tell you whether you are in neither.
Clearly some of the BDUK schmes may not be far enough down the road yet but most are as that is one of the early stagesb as you need to know how many homes are not in the commercial rollout. Another posibility is that a few that are currently in the Assisted rollout may move to the Commercial rollout

I don't really see why at this stage BT does not declare everything that is in the commercial rollout. It is hardly commercial & confidential at this stage and in anycase most of the BDUK areas are planning to put upa Web Site at a very detailed level sothat you can see if you are in the BDUK scheme and when it will be rolled out. THatmeans you know what BT is doing commerciallyso BT are being aa bit silly.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to