General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 11-Nov-12 00:00:33
Print Post

Re: why change to fibre?

[re: TMCR] [link to this post]

Hmmm. I thought the Sky was colder in winter?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 53.5/15.2Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User boxst
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 11-Nov-12 12:08:22
Print Post

[re: loggie] [link to this post]

That is an interesting question. I currently have Be* at a relatively stable 19mb/down 2mb/up and that allows me to do more or less everything at the speed I require. I want FTTC because, well, I'm a geeky person and if I can have 80mb/20mb then why not smile I doubt it'll change my usage at all.

For the future, things like iPlayer and Sky Anytime+ the quality will be higher with the appropriate bandwidth/speed needed increased accordingly.

The biggest advantage is just those who live relatively far away from the exchange but close to a cabinet and will see their speed jump significantly.
Standard User zyborg47
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 11-Nov-12 14:39:15
Print Post

[re: boxst] [link to this post]

A mate of mine is in the same sort of situation, at the moment via cable and wireless LLU ADSL, he can get 16Mb/s and it is stable and the price is fine, but he is wondering if it is worth going to fibre when he is able to get it. He is a games player.

He may just wait until he moves out and have fibre at the new place where ever he moves to, that will not be until the middle of next year

Adrian

Desktop machine now powered by windows 7 pro 64bit , laptop by ubuntu

ALLPAY Wireless broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | >> (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to