General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Darkia
(newbie) Fri 14-Dec-12 20:33:03
Print Post

Re: FTTC cabinet cove bay Aberdeen

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

didn't think it was any thing to do with bt. its a bit of a pain as now im think were not going to get it.

bad enough that i just get over 1meg download on adsl2

also still no plans for bt work in that area

Edited by Darkia (Fri 14-Dec-12 20:38:38)

Standard User ayeaye
(newbie) Fri 14-Dec-12 21:16:45
Print Post

[re: Darkia] [link to this post]

There's never been anything on either local council or roadworks websites for cabinet installs in Cove.

There's no new green boxes in the vicinity of those cabinets at all, with fresh tarmac?

It may be that they are having difficulty finding a suitable location for the fibre cabinet. Are there any lamp posts nearby where they would take power from, that would be within the 100m of the existing cabs?

Odd that nothing has been done, as you say there's been a load of work in the rest of Cove recently.

(member) Fri 14-Dec-12 21:30:34
Print Post

Don't despair you are looking at images that are 4 years old!

It looks like you are only looking on Google!. You need to go out and look around the old cabinet, it is likely that somewhere within 50m of it will be either.

A new cab as in the links posted by Ronski.
A marked up area ( usually in yellow) where the cab will be put.

The google street maps are from 2008 for that picture!.

I would expect the new cab to be quite close along side the old as there is plenty of space.

There is no reason why the cab would not be done, seems an ideal area from others that have been completed.

Remember that Openreach take some time to complete all the works planned for a town, it is not a big bang then nothing.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Fri 14-Dec-12 22:07:02
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

kitcat is right, our cabinets started appearing in February this year, most of them are in now, but there are still some left to do.

Try emailing nga.enquiries-at-openreach.co.uk with your phone number and address, they may well tell you what the hold up is.

Standard User darkmast2
(member) Sat 15-Dec-12 11:43:40
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

that link asks for a username and password.

The new cab near me (AB22 8FG) has been installed couple weeks ago now but the tracker from Talk Talk who I'm with at the moment just says available December 2012. The roadworks does have a symbol up for low impact works - not sure if the power/cables have actually been hooked up - do they do this when they install the box or does that come later ?
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Sat 15-Dec-12 11:48:04
Print Post

[re: darkmast2] [link to this post]

Sometimes when they install the cabinet, but usually later, at least around here anyway.

Standard User Darkia
(newbie) Sat 15-Dec-12 15:40:21
Print Post

[re: ayeaye] [link to this post]

Kitcat the images are to show what type of cabinet there is in the area.

It seems strange that bt would do work in cove then leave to comeback and install later. I would of thought that would be wasting money.

I emailed the enquiry email address and got a call back, they could really say anything apart form wait till 31st December (expected live date) I asked them if my cabinet was upgraded and they could not tell me as the information was not available.

Not sure what to do next
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Sat 15-Dec-12 16:41:57
Print Post

In reply to a post by Darkia:
It seems strange that bt would do work in cove then leave to comeback and install later. I would of thought that would be wasting money.

There are a few of our cabinets that have not yet been installed, although planned in the December 2011 spreadsheet, and there's some which are now scheduled to be done which weren't scheduled in December 2011

They could be held up due to technical reasons, or as costs have dropped and have now become viable, or were simply overlooked in the initial plans, Openreach often come back and do cabinets not done when the majority were done.

Standard User silverfox
(newbie) Sun 16-Dec-12 10:31:25
Print Post

Got my Infinity installed last friday, I asked the engineer if that was all the cabs in Cove connected he said no still three to be done.

http://speedtest.net/result/2366450664.png
Standard User darkmast2
(member) Sun 16-Dec-12 22:22:04
Print Post

[re: silverfox] [link to this post]

I can't wait until I can get frown Been wanting faster than 3.5mb for ages.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to