General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sun 16-Dec-12 13:33:54
Print Post

Re: Affect of distance on fibre line

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

As with BTW DLM probably not just disconnections taken into account.

The level of these for BT Wholesale have never been released, because they tweak they, in theory to give them scope to cope with large regional sources of interference, e.g. persistent storm in one area

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 16-Dec-12 16:19:47
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

A poster here said "mine resynced 7 times around 1 am now on interleave". So it may be between 5 and 10 resyncs in 24 hours...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Mon 17-Dec-12 02:03:54
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
yes I read the same thing this interferes with sub loop unbundling, I think the arguments in favour are the fact sky, talktalk etc. are not using sub loop unbundling they have instead chose to rent openreach equipment, if all those isp's can be persusaded on the merits of vectoring and agree to it I would hope ofcom can see common sense and not block it.

The way we are going, with almost all BDUK money going to BT for FTTC coverage, I agree. Common sense, right now, suggests (for FTTC now, and FTTP in future) that we're heading for a single physical infrastructure setup, with virtual competition layered on top.

I can't help but think that we're going to need new definitions for "market N", as the presence of (say) TalkTalk or Sky in future (on existing Market 1 exchanges) may be limited to only having TalkTalk or Sky backhaul, with no physical LLU or ADSL2+ equipment, as exists currently. Same goes for FOX exchanges.

Also in these SIN documents it suggests the current modems are all currently vectoring compatible so no CPE swap should be required also interestingly it states they SRA compatible as well.

Do you have a link for either aspect? I understand how important the CPE equipment is for vectoring - and have seen Alcatel trumpeting that they have a solution that doesn't require a re-roll of CPE equipment.

SRA is also interesting, as it doesn't get much of a write-up (in a practical sense) in DSM techniques, in either the Broadband Forum or in the NICC description of UK networks. Do you have anything that points to real experience?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Mon 17-Dec-12 02:10:35
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

This did make me wonder how this doesnt affect DLM and the SIN seems to confirm why, that DLM is more leniant on the first day to allow for install routines and I guess the possibility of the end user moving things around as well.

I have to say that this makes perfect sense to me - that DLM would try to ignore the stats for the first (install) day, and try to apply the next day's stats in a "normal" way.

Unless things were really unstable...

I give this a +1.
Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Mon 17-Dec-12 02:16:58
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
As with BTW DLM probably not just disconnections taken into account.

The level of these for BT Wholesale have never been released, because they tweak they, in theory to give them scope to cope with large regional sources of interference, e.g. persistent storm in one area

I have some figures that appear to be from BTW, related to 21CN ADSL2+.

That has "red" values for an MTBR of 8640 (1 resync per 2.4 hours, or 10 resync's per day) and an MTBE of 60 (1 CRC per minute, or 1440 per day) - both figures labelled on the "standard" option, rather than the stable or super-stable options.

I have no idea if they're real figures, and even if they are, I have no idea how they apply to VDSL2.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 17-Dec-12 09:43:10
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WWWombat:
This did make me wonder how this doesnt affect DLM and the SIN seems to confirm why, that DLM is more leniant on the first day to allow for install routines and I guess the possibility of the end user moving things around as well.
I have to say that this makes perfect sense to me - that DLM would try to ignore the stats for the first (install) day, and try to apply the next day's stats in a "normal" way.

Unless things were really unstable...

I give this a +1.
It is indeed an interesting reading of the messy English, probably more correct than what I've always thought it meant. Slightly muddied by the condition that it needs to be up for at least 15 minutes on the first day to work this way.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Mon 17-Dec-12 09:43:46
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by WWWombat:
I have some figures that appear to be from BTW, related to 21CN ADSL2+.

That has "red" values for an MTBR of 8640 (1 resync per 2.4 hours, or 10 resync's per day) and an MTBE of 60 (1 CRC per minute, or 1440 per day) - both figures labelled on the "standard" option, rather than the stable or super-stable options.

I have no idea if they're real figures, and even if they are, I have no idea how they apply to VDSL2.
Great!

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to