General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Uilebheist
(legend) Tue 18-Dec-12 09:13:25
Print Post

Re: Looking like two engineer no-shows in a week...

[re: Stoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stoo:
I've had confirmation today that it's been re-booked for Wednesday AM too - fingers crossed!

Did they say Wednesday which week?
Standard User Stoo
(member) Wed 19-Dec-12 09:14:23
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
And if he doesn't turn up, "too two - fingers uncrossed?

Indeed!
Standard User Stoo
(member) Wed 19-Dec-12 09:16:57
Print Post

[re: Uilebheist] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Uilebheist:
Did they say Wednesday which week?

Heh, yes, today!

These wide time slots are next to useless though, 8am-1pm means I can't really do anything for a big chunk of the day, and when the engineer doesn't turn up, it's pretty much the entire day wasted once I've reported it etc frown

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Stoo
(member) Wed 19-Dec-12 10:50:53
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

Hurrah!

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2381978103.png

Kelly Communications chap down from Huddersfield...

It sounds like the FTTC rollout is a right [censored] muddle - he had a 15 minute crash course yesterday in how to set up an FTTC connection...
Standard User zebedee
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Dec-12 11:22:38
Print Post

[re: Stoo] [link to this post]

Great news Stoo

Enjoy it!

Round my friends now. No show yet. If it's the same engineer perhaps I better stay and show him how to do it wink

The original Zebedee since 2001
Standard User zebedee
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Dec-12 15:21:21
Print Post

[re: zebedee] [link to this post]

Engineer finally showed at 13.15. Had been at previous calll, just round the corner off same cabinet as my friend, for 2 hours as no fibre connection coming through. Same at my friends so having to wait now for engineer to come out to the fibre cabinet. Phone side all working fine and we set the Hub up beforehand so hopefully it will all just start working later!

Was another Kelly Communications chap, crash course yesterday same as yours. Said there are a few of them in the town today.

Standard User zebedee
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Dec-12 15:22:37
Print Post

[re: Yaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Yaz:
In reply to a post by zebedee:
the O/R engineer was on secondment from Canterbury!

Send him back!! He's needed back in Canterbury!! laugh

He was only up for that week smile

Standard User zebedee
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Dec-12 19:34:09
Print Post

In reply to a post by zebedee:
Engineer finally showed at 13.15. Had been at previous calll, just round the corner off same cabinet as my friend, for 2 hours as no fibre connection coming through. Same at my friends so having to wait now for engineer to come out to the fibre cabinet. Phone side all working fine and we set the Hub up beforehand so hopefully it will all just start working later!

Was another Kelly Communications chap, crash course yesterday same as yours. Said there are a few of them in the town today.

Just spoke to my mate again. After I left the engineer went further up his road to do a third installation and rang my mate to say he had the same lack of throughput again and had reported it to Openreach.

10 mins later my mate got a phone call on his mobile from an irate Openreach manager or engineer who was asking him if he had ever worked inside a cabinet before, how much training he had had etc. After pointing out he was talking to the customer not the engineer he gave a muttered "sorry mate - wrong number" and hung up!

Me thinks Kelly Communications might be going back up to Huddersfield quicker than they expected wink

In the meantime of course there are now three people off that cabinet with no internet access whatsoever frown

Friend will being going ballistic with BT tomorrow if it hasn't been sorted overnight laugh

Standard User Stoo
(member) Wed 19-Dec-12 19:45:33
Print Post

Eeek!

I could have had it a lot worse then!

Oddly enough, the engineer stated that he didn't have to replace the NTE5 faceplate, but could if I wanted him to, but there had been issues where customers then lost the phone lines when that had happened...

The Openreach VDSL modem is an ECI one if anyone is interested.

I'm going to let my line be for a while on the modem to let the DLM settle down, but perhaps next week, I'll get my fritzbox set up for VDSL and cut out the modem part..
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Wed 19-Dec-12 20:10:41
Print Post

I wonder if customers would be happy to wait longer for a fully trained Openeach engineer, likely to be a long wait for a slot.

My Broadband Speed Test
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to