General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Stoo
(member) Wed 19-Dec-12 20:12:08
Print Post

Re: Looking like two engineer no-shows in a week...

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

I had a month wait from the order being accepted to the first missed appointment...
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 19-Dec-12 20:21:44
Print Post

[re: Stoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stoo:
Eeek!

I could have had it a lot worse then!

Oddly enough, the engineer stated that he didn't have to replace the NTE5 faceplate
Not much worse then. You will probably need a real Openreach engineer to fix the install soon.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Bob_s2
(committed) Wed 19-Dec-12 20:55:04
Print Post

[re: ccxo] [link to this post]

BT are in a right mess at present. THey are starting to have to pick up the BDUK work and as that has penalty clauses attached that work is getting priority. It will get far worse by the look of it. BT have not been coping with the commercial rollout and the BDUK work is small at present but ramps up quickly next year

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User btbert
(member) Wed 19-Dec-12 21:05:57
Print Post

ref stoo's post and " Oddly enough, the engineer stated that he didn't have to replace the NTE5 faceplate"

well i hope for you he did !

as for the 15 min crash training i fear it may well crash !

to tell the truth the "training" the kelly guys get is some sort of sick joke but it may not be so funny for the poor end user.

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.
Standard User zebedee
(knowledge is power) Wed 19-Dec-12 23:10:41
Print Post

Is it, like mine, one of the original BT engineer fitted NTE5 faceplates (V 1.0) back in the days where you had no DIY option?

They work fine indeed with FTTC, well mine has since October 23rd! (and my speeds are exactly as the estimation)

You can buy replacements through Amazon. The filter in mine went duff a couple of years ago (originally fitted in 2001). The replacement I got from Amazon was the same make that BT fit (and had an instruction leaflet headed BT!)

The original Zebedee since 2001
Standard User simon194
(committed) Wed 19-Dec-12 23:54:02
Print Post

[re: btbert] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by btbert:
to tell the truth the "training" the kelly guys get is some sort of sick joke but it may not be so funny for the poor end user.

I've seen a few KC vans driving round Hastings over the past few weeks, I'm glad I had an OR engineer do my install yesterday.
Standard User Stoo
(member) Thu 20-Dec-12 02:09:37
Print Post

[re: zebedee] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zebedee:
Is it, like mine, one of the original BT engineer fitted NTE5 faceplates (V 1.0) back in the days where you had no DIY option?

They work fine indeed with FTTC, well mine has since October 23rd! (and my speeds are exactly as the estimation)

You can buy replacements through Amazon. The filter in mine went duff a couple of years ago (originally fitted in 2001). The replacement I got from Amazon was the same make that BT fit (and had an instruction leaflet headed BT!)

Yeah, a BT engineer fitted a whole new NTE5 as part of a fault-finding exercise a couple of years back, we've also got some sort of inline filter before the master socket too.

Speed is perfectly fine at the moment - getting a rock-solid 75/18 on nearly every test.

I'll keep an eye on it though and see if it degrades as more lines are brought online.
Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Thu 20-Dec-12 03:52:23
Print Post

[re: Bob_s2] [link to this post]

Whether true or not, it doesn't make much difference to the installation work going on at people's homes.

The kind of engineers out installing the cabinets, and installing the fibre handover nodes in the exchanges aren't generally the same guys who do home visits.
Standard User WWWombat
(experienced) Thu 20-Dec-12 03:53:53
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon194:
I've seen a few KC vans driving round Hastings over the past few weeks

That got me for a moment. I was wondering why BT were outsourcing to Hull Telephones crazy
ISP Representative Azzaka
(isp) Thu 20-Dec-12 08:01:14
Print Post

Can you PM the details please Stooo. I'll see what I can do.

Leo Goile
---
ZeN Internet
Technical Support
ZeN are recruiting! Click here to view the opportunities available.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.
The above post has been made by an ISP REPRESENTATIVE (although not necessarily the ISP being discussed in the post).
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to