General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Stoo
(member) Thu 20-Dec-12 11:13:37
Print Post

Re: Looking like two engineer no-shows in a week...

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
I wonder what the code number is underneath the green, black, etc, wires?

UYZL2951/1
BT80B-RF3

Bingo, it's one of these: REIN filter

Edited by Stoo (Thu 20-Dec-12 11:16:00)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 20-Dec-12 12:15:36
Print Post

[re: Stoo] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Stoo:
Oddly enough, the engineer stated that he didn't have to replace the NTE5 faceplate, but could if I wanted him to, but there had been issues where customers then lost the phone lines when that had happened...
Is it a filtered faceplate, or do you mean he just used the existing normal faceplate and fitted an interstitial filter, ending up looking like the pic on this page?

Re losing the phone lines, I wonder if he meant the extension connections, and messing up the reconnections of those tongue. Being a Kelly man.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User stevo69
(learned) Thu 20-Dec-12 12:41:00
Print Post

REIN filter, thats the same filter as i have in my loft,i was also wondering if these could any negative effect on fibre speedes?

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Stoo
(member) Thu 20-Dec-12 13:17:18
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RobertoS:
Is it a filtered faceplate, or do you mean he just used the existing normal faceplate and fitted an interstitial filter, ending up looking like the pic on this page?

Re losing the phone lines, I wonder if he meant the extension connections, and messing up the reconnections of those tongue. Being a Kelly man.

It's an engineer fitted master + adsl faceplate (Either NTE2000 or NTE2005 - can't tell from the front) - there a link to a picture a bit further up of it.
Standard User Stoo
(member) Thu 20-Dec-12 13:17:44
Print Post

[re: stevo69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stevo69:
REIN filter, thats the same filter as i have in my loft,i was also wondering if these could any negative effect on fibre speedes?

It doesn't appear to be affecting anything at the moment..
Standard User R0NSKI
(experienced) Thu 20-Dec-12 13:26:19
Print Post

[re: stevo69] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by stevo69:

I'm wondering if it could have a positive affect on my installation?

Especially as I think I have a bad connection somewhere, and stoo stated it had been fitted due to reflections caused by a bad connection.

Edited by R0NSKI (Thu 20-Dec-12 13:28:13)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 20-Dec-12 13:39:33
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Sounds like the same filtering is done by the i-plate. Does the BT FTTC interstitial master socket also include similar filters?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User Andrue
(knowledge is power) Thu 20-Dec-12 13:51:09
Print Post

[re: zebedee] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zebedee:
Is it, like mine, one of the original BT engineer fitted NTE5 faceplates (V 1.0) back in the days where you had no DIY option?
Yup, same here. Ah those were the days. I actually went for an EI because it was the only way to get a free return to Home Highway if your line wasn't good enough for ADSL.

Turned out my line could support 14Mb/s on ADSL2+ and now supports over 70Mb/s smile

---
Andrue Cope
Brackley, UK

Just because he could. RIP.

Edited by Andrue (Thu 20-Dec-12 13:51:23)

Standard User Stoo
(member) Thu 20-Dec-12 14:15:29
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
Sounds like the same filtering is done by the i-plate. Does the BT FTTC interstitial master socket also include similar filters?

According to the blurb on the website selling the filters, it's the same circuit/functionality that's in the i-plate smile
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 20-Dec-12 14:20:51
Print Post

In reply to a post by Stoo:
It's an engineer fitted master + adsl faceplate (Either NTE2000 or NTE2005 - can't tell from the front) - there a link to a picture a bit further up of it.
Sorry, I missed the pic earlier as I thought it was all about the RF filter and stopped reading tongue. That one should be fine, and is accepted by a lot of the OR engineers, though there has recently been a comment by a fairly clued-up poster that it might not be perfect wrt stuff originating on the user side of it getting back onto the line.

No big deal to replace if necessary I wouldn't have thought.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet Extra Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.0/14.9Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to