General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Uilebheist
(legend) Sun 06-Jan-13 13:34:52
Print Post

Re: Looking like two engineer no-shows in a week...

[re: zebedee] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by zebedee:
Threw the blame back on Kelly Communications and their lack of training. Said if the KC engineer had just used the OR helpline when at the cabinet they could have told him where he had gone wrong immediately!

I'm sure this is true, but if OR is using contractors to do the job it's surely their responsibility to verify that the contractors are qualified for it? "Phone the helpline" doesn't really inspire much confidence.
Standard User zebedee
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Jan-13 21:08:48
Print Post

[re: Uilebheist] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Uilebheist:
In reply to a post by zebedee:
Threw the blame back on Kelly Communications and their lack of training. Said if the KC engineer had just used the OR helpline when at the cabinet they could have told him where he had gone wrong immediately!

I'm sure this is true, but if OR is using contractors to do the job it's surely their responsibility to verify that the contractors are qualified for it? "Phone the helpline" doesn't really inspire much confidence.

Agree with the first point, however the helpline (for staff not customers) is there for all engineers, OR or contractors, should they come across a problem on a job, whether that be something outside their experience or a fault with the equipment.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Any reputable company should have support available to their staff in the field

The original Zebedee since 2001
Standard User Uilebheist
(legend) Sun 06-Jan-13 21:22:00
Print Post

[re: zebedee] [link to this post]

Yes, you are right. I'll retract the comment about the helpline.
But I'll leave that they are responsible for their choice of contractors.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | [8] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to