General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 07-Jan-13 07:14:06
Print Post

Re: So In Summary...

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

The guy paid to do the job of answering queries, obviously. Everyone has an opinion, but that guy's job is to represent the company to customers.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 07-Jan-13 07:16:10
Print Post

[re: eckiedoo] [link to this post]

Or the way I look at it, when I move into a house anything already in there gets binned.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User systemx
(experienced) Mon 07-Jan-13 10:08:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Not really, that's the end of the Openreach access network as it says, doesn't mean that Openreach don't consider the active NTE their property. The document specifically states that any extension wiring is the customers' property so the access network has to end there for obvious reasons.

I'll update once I've heard back.

Just to be clear on demarcations, have a look at this booklet for Openreach Techs

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/aboutus/equival...

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User hoopla
(member) Mon 07-Jan-13 16:21:42
Print Post

Re: Openreach modem question

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MHC:
The document which states: The first variant is an Openreach supplied and maintained VDSL2 modem. which suggests the OR retain ownership of the modem. If they do not own it, why would they want to have responsibility for maintenance?
I don't have an opinion about who owns the modem.

However, I think your logic is faulty. If I went to the local garage and bought a car from them, it would be garage supplied and maintained. I'm pretty sure the car would still be my property.
Standard User MHC
(sensei) Mon 07-Jan-13 16:26:04
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

Once you have bought the car the garage does not have an obligation to maintain it (warranty excepted). Each time you go back you specifically ask them to undertake maintenance and you are charged.

If you lease or rent a car - you do not own it. But the garage/supplier will maintain it at their cost

With the Modem, OR will maintain it at their cost.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Jan-13 17:20:01
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In this instance it seems he was misinformed.

Carl,

Yes you are right - we own the Active NTE and will replace it if it goes faulty. If it is damaged then we would charge the EU/CP.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Mon 07-Jan-13 17:20:23)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 07-Jan-13 18:11:12
Print Post

Oh, well that proves it then... except I was told the opposite wink

Standard User hoopla
(member) Mon 07-Jan-13 18:26:07
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

If I bought a car with a monthly fee for ongoing maintenance (which is more or less what fttc is: the electricity costs roughly nothing) it would be fixed for free and still my property.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Mon 07-Jan-13 18:31:42
Print Post

[re: hoopla] [link to this post]

All depends on the terms of the contract you signed. I presume people do read lease agreements when spending money on a car. Some are such that if you default in the first half of the lease they take the car back and you lose everything.

Also cars have a lot more legal paperwork associated with them e.g. the V5 alongside the lease/hp/loan agreement.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User hoopla
(member) Mon 07-Jan-13 18:35:45
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I've only bought cars outright. Never used HP or lease.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | [10] | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to