General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Jan-13 23:38:11
Print Post

Re: So In Summary...

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

Not really, that's the end of the Openreach access network as it says, doesn't mean that Openreach don't consider the active NTE their property. The document specifically states that any extension wiring is the customers' property so the access network has to end there for obvious reasons.

I'll update once I've heard back.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 06-Jan-13 23:41:10
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

No, you're right - I never even considered that Openreach would be wrong but your mate would be right. Honest.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 06-Jan-13 23:43:55
Print Post

One man's excess is another man's compelling argument grin
In reply to a post by BatBoy:
No, no, I posted the link (much) earlier in this thread.
You are being obstructive again! You just told me that you have posted it.

Anyway, same old, if you mean this.
This document does not form a part of any contract with BT customers or suppliers.
has no legal standing.

And is contradicted by systemx's link.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(knowledge is power) Sun 06-Jan-13 23:53:11
Print Post

No, you're right - I never even considered that Openreach would be wrong but your mate would be right. Honest.

Spare me the juvenile sarcasm. As I said:

EDIT: I'll ask a contact from Openreach about this, see if he can confirm. Have been liaising with him over a few issues so he should be able to supply reliable information.

He's not my 'mate' but a contact within Openreach and as I said while I doubt it's the case I will ask him to confirm one way or the other and if he confirms what you say that's all good. I have not said at any point that my 'mate' disagreed as it being Sunday night he likely had better things to do than read his email.

If Openreach have no employees who get things wrong they're the only company of any size I've ever known who have employees who can answer each and every question.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 07-Jan-13 00:38:34
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

What I meant was why would your mate be more trustworthy than someone paid to respond to my query?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________ this is not usenet __________________
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 07-Jan-13 00:40:39
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Wrong, the SIN is published to meet BT's legal obligations, whereas systemx's link has no legal authority at all.

(knowledge is power) Mon 07-Jan-13 01:54:59
Print Post

What I meant was why would your mate be more trustworthy than someone paid to respond to my query?

I'll respond with another question. If you have a query regarding an ISP's network who would you regard as more trustworthy, the technical support guy paid to respond to your query or the network engineer who works on and makes changes to the network on a daily basis even though he isn't paid to respond to your query?

Same kinda thing here. I'll update when I hear back, we are talking later today anyway on other matters.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Mon 07-Jan-13 02:40:19
Print Post

Where's it say that anyway?

Maybe BT's legal obligations towards the state, not towards its end-users, who are not even in contract with it..

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 19 Meg WBC

Edited by XRaySpeX (Mon 07-Jan-13 02:43:25)

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 07-Jan-13 07:12:29
Print Post

In reply to a post by XRaySpeX:
Where's it say that anyway?

Maybe BT's legal obligations towards the state, not towards its end-users, who are not even in contract with it..
I've already posted it earlier on.

Standard User eckiedoo
(regular) Mon 07-Jan-13 07:12:37
Print Post

Looking at it in legal terms, is it not better that the VDSL Modem remains the property of Openreach.

Being Mains-powered equipment, there is always the possibility of it causing fire etc.

That could affect insurance coverage and claims.

Should one inform the home/premises insurers of the presence of such equipment, possibly and probably owned by a Third Party?

=============================

Regarding removal of the VDSL Modem, typically when moving house, is there any advantage to doing so?

If the new house does not have FTTC installed, a new VDSL modem would be installed if that service is ordered etc.

If the new house does have FTTC with all items present, then that VDSL Modem is not required.

Leaving only the situation where the previous owner has removed a VDSL Modem.

-----------------------------------

It has some slight resemblance to the "Venetian Blind Conumdrum".

Take them to the new house, then discover they don't fit. What happens then?

Or as occurred when we moved in to a new house which had been the Show House.

Another couple purchased the Show House carpets, for their similar new house further along.

On trying to fit those carpets in their new house, the couple discovered the house was a mirror-image or opposite-handed compared to the Show House.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | [9] | 10 | 11 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to