General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Feb-13 10:11:14
Print Post

Re: BT home Infinity at a work address?

[re: MrFied] [link to this post]

home working is a less clear cut one.

eg. if someone is at home and answers work emails even tho they normally at work in the day thats home working, and any isp coming down on that would be seen as very harsh.

In practice you can use a home package but you not going to get a business SLA, so faults and the like will be treated with low priority. The isp will be ok with it as long as you dont start telling them its business critical when it goes down.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20
Standard User MrFied
(newbie) Tue 05-Feb-13 10:21:47
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Thanks for the responses everyone. It seems I should probably stick with a business line and broadband just to be sure. However, given my experience with TTB I'm not sure that they really treat business customers any better!
Standard User Chrysalis
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 05-Feb-13 10:31:48
Print Post

[re: MrFied] [link to this post]

I dont think business vdsl will be a whole lot different to residental except 2 things maybe. You wont be breaching the t&c as residential I think forbids its use for commercial purposes. and if the isp puts you on the enhanced care with BT wholesale, which puts you higher priority on faults.

Best to check the BT website to see what they mark as the clear advantages on the business infinity product.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - Estimate 65.9/20 - Attainable peak 110/36 - Current Sync 71/20

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User MHC
(sensei) Tue 05-Feb-13 13:05:19
Print Post

[re: ifb_online] [link to this post]

You can put the basic telephony and line rental on a residential package and Infinity on business. That will ensure any line faults are treated as business.

I have heard of cases where HMRC have rejected residential broadband invoices as a legitimate expense. Putting the line rental on a business contract will be more expensive, but again it can be offset as an expense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M H C

taurus excreta cerebrum vincit
Standard User MrFied
(newbie) Tue 05-Feb-13 13:35:51
Print Post

[re: MHC] [link to this post]

Thanks for this, that's an interesting idea.

I do already expense my phone line (which I use exlcusively for work) and broadband. However, while I of course want to do the right thing legally according to the Ts&Cs, I don't want to cause unnecessary expense to my company.

At this point, I think my main concern would be finding that I can't get a business FTTC service for some reason. I may have misread, but I thought I saw some suggestion that TTB are only currently providing a residential service.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to