General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MaryHinge
(member) Wed 13-Feb-13 12:57:40
Print Post

Re: FTTC - Joining the Quarterly Delay Club!

[re: ukoffline] [link to this post]

Same here, cab has been in place since october and only appears to be waiting the fibre connection. Last time I checked with NGA enquiries a few months ago it was expected to be available next month, but now the address checker shows march 2014. Strangely checking via the postcode checker still shows the end of march 2013.

I've gone back to NGA enquiries to see what the real date is.
Standard User fibreplease
(newbie) Wed 13-Feb-13 13:02:22
Print Post

[re: ncf355] [link to this post]

Same here on cab 115 in Taunton. Although the below works are listed for 21/02/2013 - 06/03/2013 on the Somerset County Council website for it:

Install 12m of 1 way power duct in Footway,Install 3m of 1 way poly duct in Footway,Performing an 1excavation to expose existing power cable in Footway,Provide 1 Cabinet and base (NGA cabinets)

I'm ever hopeful...

Xilo C&W LLU @ 4Mbps
TP-Link TD-8816 and Netgear WNDR3700
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 13-Feb-13 14:06:04
Print Post

[re: fibreplease] [link to this post]

I'm beginning to suspect someone has messed up and put 2014 in somewhere by mistake.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 54.3/15.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User fibreplease
(newbie) Wed 13-Feb-13 16:35:11
Print Post

[re: MaryHinge] [link to this post]

I've just checked my postcode now too. It is only covered by one cabinet as it a relatively new housing estate. It still says 31-Mar-13. I think someone at OR has been pressing the wrong buttons.

Xilo C&W LLU @ 4Mbps
TP-Link TD-8816 and Netgear WNDR3700
Standard User MaryHinge
(member) Mon 18-Feb-13 11:51:15
Print Post

Just had a mail from NGA enquiries and we're still on schedule for March/April 2013 despite the March 2014 date on the checker, this is what they said about the projected date on the checker:

"The change in dates on the website is as a result of the recent Advertising Standards Agency ruling –Openreach will be moving to provide a six-and-nine-month view of when exchanges will be enabled to improve the accuracy of this data when it is presented to end-users by CPs.

However, the deployment plan remains the same – the majority of people who were given a March date will still be able to receive service by that point, we are just unable to provide a three-month view any more as a result of the ASA ruling.

Whilst in most cases we were able to forecast an accurate date, deploying fibre is a complex engineering job which involves planning consent in some cases, power provision, traffic management, etc. Therefore there will always be the potential for unexpected delays to occur for an individual cabinet. Moving to a six-month view reduces the impact of such delays on our predictions."
Standard User Stoatwblr
(newbie) Sat 23-Feb-13 02:54:26
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

BT gave an undertaking to the ASA that it would stop giving misleading dates for availability.

PLEASE make sure you contact the ASA (not ofcom!) to file complaints about the ongoing slips.

Do you want to stop spam, or do you just want to stop receiving it?
Standard User Sy5gtt
(learned) Sat 23-Feb-13 10:43:06
Print Post

Our date moved from march 13 to June 13.

We have NO new cab and openreach have told me they are having problems with contractors in my area. They told me work would start on the new cab in April and June will be the activation/completion date :-/

We'll see!
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Sat 23-Feb-13 12:58:52
Print Post

[re: Stoatwblr] [link to this post]

If you look at the date lists from Openreach they simply name a month and year, which could be seen emphasis the uncertainty.

The end of month dates seem to slip in at the BT Wholesale level

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User yarwell
(sensei) Sun 24-Feb-13 14:20:18
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

just read this, may be relevant...

"OR are changing the predicted rollout dates for future cabinet and exchange deployment:
• End users are looking for a higher degree of certainty around delivery dates, so in order to realistically manage end user expectations around cabinet enablement, we have decided to move to a six month window of delivery as opposed to a three month window."

--

Phil

MaxDSL - goes as fast as it can and doesn't read the line checker first.

MaxDSL diagnostics
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 24-Feb-13 14:35:33
Print Post

[re: yarwell] [link to this post]

Sounds like e-mails to Openreach enquiries will increase as accuracy decreases.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to