General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User parish
(experienced) Mon 18-Mar-13 22:06:14
Print Post

Re: Clarification wanted about "qualifying" for FTTPoD

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
In reply to a post by parish:
So, initially at least, FTTPoD is only really an upgrade for those with existing FTTC connections, so probably businesses and speed freaks?

Not entirely sure of the relevance between being a business / speed freak and having access to FTTC. Note access, not a pre-existing FTTC connection.

The cost of FTTPoD will be what makes it an upgrade for businesses and speed freaks, not its availability.

Even if it's right outside your house and no additional construction is required you're still looking at a 500GBP installation charge, followed by a monthly fee near or into 3 figures a month given current Wholesale prices.

Yes, sorry, I didn't word that very well. I was saying two unrelated things in one sentence, namely that only people who have - or could get - an FTTC connection will be able to have FTTPoD - i.e. it's a technical requirement/limitation and that, because of the cost, it is only likely to be businesses and speed freaks (those willing to pay whatever it costs to have the fastest possible) who will take it up.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to