General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User garethr
(regular) Thu 02-May-13 11:42:38
Print Post

Re: FTTP mention has vanished

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

Hi,

BT have commenced deployment where i live. They have scaled back FTTP since the 2010 data so many areas in my town aren't now FTTP but have now had FTTC cabs installed - and mostly commissioned.

We have had one *incident* (Dec 2012-April 2013) for a nearly complete new build where BT wasn't having much luck with the developer. They promised FTTP (even to the MP formally in writing) but had to change it all to FTTC as they couldn't find a workable solution for the large number of flats in the development.

A number of newer developments which have only just started are FTTP and the developers has co-operated with BT to implement the infrastructure.

We now only have one or two brownfield areas which will be FTTP (due to the state of the copper infrastructure). BT have started duct installs in theses but progress appears to be very slow.

Regards,

Gareth
Standard User zorro724
(newbie) Thu 02-May-13 15:16:46
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

Have just sent another e-mail to Openreach to ask about the delay.
Standard User zorro724
(newbie) Thu 16-May-13 12:33:33
Print Post

[re: zorro724] [link to this post]

Hot of the press:

he area that you are specifically interested in though, I believe, is that served by our Cab area 2, which we are going to deploy with FTTP (ie fibre all the way from the exchange to the premise). Jim identified the start date for the work for this as early April, but this was unfortunately delayed by about a month. However, work did start on 2nd May, and all the FTTP cabling work is expected to be completed by the end of this week. Our engineers will then commence the splicing/jointing element from next Monday onwards. It is difficult to provide a precise date for completion, but our best estimate is end June/early July 2013.

To complete the rest of the exchange, we also have some more work to do to site two new Fibre Broadband cabinets, as we hit some problems with their location and we expect these to come on-line in the summer.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User beercan
(regular) Thu 16-May-13 18:32:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by zorro724:

Which email are you using? The last time I tried I was ignored...
Thanks
Standard User zorro724
(newbie) Wed 22-May-13 08:54:15
Print Post

[re: beercan] [link to this post]

he Whitchurch exchange consists of 8 Cab areas and a small amount of Exchange Only lines (ie served direct from the exchange rather than from a green cabinet). The whole exchange covers about 2,700 premises and 68% of these (about 1,900) are enabled for Fibre Broadband as of today.

The area that you are specifically interested in though, I believe, is that served by our Cab area 2, which we are going to deploy with FTTP (ie fibre all the way from the exchange to the premise). Jim identified the start date for the work for this as early April, but this was unfortunately delayed by about a month. However, work did start on 2nd May, and all the FTTP cabling work is expected to be completed by the end of this week. Our engineers will then commence the splicing/jointing element from next Monday onwards. It is difficult to provide a precise date for completion, but our best estimate is end June/early July 2013.
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Wed 22-May-13 13:28:15
Print Post

[re: beercan] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by beercan:
In reply to a post by zorro724:

Which email are you using? The last time I tried I was ignored...
Thanks

They do say that they'll ignore you for various reasons that are described in the initial reply. I got a reply in about 8 days from

[email protected]

but a little later I also got a return receipt from

[email protected]co.uk

but you never heard that from me tongue

Tony
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex SDHRSTP, Cab 4
My Live Router Stats, Ping, Speed etc

ZeN Active 39dB 2.9Km ~10Mb/s
Billion Bipac 7800 @ 1 - 5dB
Standard User zorro724
(newbie) Sun 09-Jun-13 15:23:14
Print Post

Spoke to Open reach engineers on 5/6/13. They were replacing fibre run down Evingar Rd. This work (Cab 2 Fttp) has been prioritized. Unfortunately BT will not allow any overtime, so the latest estimate is 2 to 3 months until the service is available.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to