General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User TrishaH
(committed) Thu 04-Apr-13 01:33:15
Print Post

Re: Cuckoo Oak Urgent Users

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

Yes, and 1.9% is exactly what ours did!

Better than the over 3% they got away with last year though I suppose.

Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Apr-13 08:17:03
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon194:
It's 1.99% they can put council tax up without a referendum.

What's 0.99% between friends wink I was close - sort of... Anyway, not enough to fund big projects when inflation alone is higher than that.
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 10-Apr-13 08:59:36
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Adslmax, where did you manage to get that info from?

I'm on Hollinswood and wouldn't mind finding out if my cab, cab 12 is going to be done or not.

-

Xilo.net Office 21CN

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 10-Apr-13 13:02:00
Print Post

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by wolvesmad:
Adslmax, where did you manage to get that info from?

I'm on Hollinswood and wouldn't mind finding out if my cab, cab 12 is going to be done or not.

I will forward email to one of the project manager of the Telford & Wrekin Council and also emaill to Julie Cummings from openreach. But, before that, they need your post code (just the post code) please.

Wil let u know once they had reply to me.

plusnetADSL2+15.7 Meg
Standard User stevebrowne
(committed) Fri 26-Apr-13 20:06:50
Print Post

Typical.

I want 2 or 3 fibre lines (business and domestic), and yet they concentrate on providing the service to areas who can already choose Virgin ((and probably have) .
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 01-May-13 03:20:31
Print Post

[re: stevebrowne] [link to this post]

The post code below is now FTTC available:

TF7 5LS 42 Houses - FTTC - Now

TF7 5LY 29 Houses - FTTC - Now

TF7 5NA 31 Houses - FTTC - Now

TF7 5ND 32 Houses - FTTC - Now

TF7 5NF 21 Houses - FTTC - Now

TF7 5NJ 35 Houses - FTTC - Now

TF7 5PB 47 Houses - FTTC - March 2014

TF7 5PF 37 Houses - FTTC - March 2014

TF7 5NZ 42 Houses - FTTC - March 2014

TF7 5PJ 39 Houses - FTTC - March 2014

TF7 5PR 28 Houses - FTTC - March 2014

plusnetADSL2+15.7 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Wed 01-May-13 03:23:12)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Dec-13 17:16:32
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
Max, Shropshire have completed their BDUK Open Market Review and procurement.

If you aren't on the plans you aren't getting it now until BDUK time. It's too late for Openreach to change their minds about additional cabinets.

As an aside that postcode checker isn't accurate and premises counts, depending on how you do them, should be used with caution too - does it seem likely for a moment to you BT using the largest and most expensive 288 line cabinet for an area with 190 premises?

When I did this process for an area I actually had the wiring plans for the area from the developers so I could trace wiring from cabinet.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad news.

You are thought wrong. BT FTTC cabinet had been installed today. Sound like BT had change their heart for the best interest of our peoples in our area after Telford & Wrekin Council rejected part of BDUK, and Shropshire BDUK are excluding Telford & Wrekin. So, I count myself very lucky after complaints email to CEO Openreach, Project manager of BT Openreach in the West Midlands and my successfully challenge BT had been well paid off

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Fri 20-Dec-13 17:19:48)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Dec-13 17:34:59
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
You are thought wrong. BT FTTC cabinet had been installed today. Sound like BT had change their heart for the best interest of our peoples in our area after Telford & Wrekin Council rejected part of BDUK, and Shropshire BDUK are excluding Telford & Wrekin. So, I count myself very lucky after complaints email to CEO Openreach, Project manager of BT Openreach in the West Midlands and my successfully challenge BT had been well paid off

Far more likely, given the rest of your area and the relative timescales, is that this was scheduled as part of a later in-fill phase, and that you have the premises passed by this cabinet wrong.

Openreach can't change their plans due to someone constantly emailing the CEO - they are required to ensure that each cabinet passes their commercial criteria. If they cross-subsidise cabinets they risk the wrath of Ofcom.

BT couldn't care less about the best interest of your peoples, they care about money. Once I showed them that there was money to be made enabling my local cabinet they were happy to do so.

I have no idea why you saw fit to resurrect this thread after all this time, however after all the time I had to devote to the campaign in this area I find your arrogant assertion that a few emails obsessively chasing the CEO constituted a 'successfully challenge' to BT insulting.

You really have no idea what it takes to actually challenge Openreach on these matters. It took dozens of hours of demand generation, going through wiring plans, liaising with MPs and council before BT admitted they had it wrong.

Your comments demean me and everyone who helped me, alongside each and every other campaign.that has sought the enabling of a cabinet either via 100% funding from Openreach or community part-funding.

In short, shut up. I have an official disability too, the difference between us being I moderate and control mine for the most part, and don't see fit to post like a cretin for public consumption as a general rule, though I do fail occasionally.

EDIT: Just as an aside it's about 11 months from being added to the roll out to being built out. While it may not have been on the availability checker yet your cabinet was on the list before you produced this thread, especially given it had additional delays on it, and most definitely welly before you started harassing Liv Garfield.

BT didn't see a single email from you to the CEO and suddenly do the planning for your cabinet, forsaking everything else, in record time. Do you really think you're the first person to write to them about a cabinet?

Your arrogance and idiocy are astounding. I have no idea what your disability is but am grateful mine is merely high-functioning autism.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Fri 20-Dec-13 18:03:37)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 20-Dec-13 18:01:30
Print Post

I be very surprise if it was only me to order FTTC 1 out of 288 max at the cabinet. If that happen and still only me till a year time, does Openreach willing to removed FTTC if not enough money fund by the peoples?

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Standard User Spud2003
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 20-Dec-13 18:06:51
Print Post

The forum rules bar inappropriate or offensive language(in this case name calling in the last two sentences)... tongue
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to