General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BuckyOHare
(newbie) Fri 21-Jun-13 21:51:47
Print Post

Re: Devon & Somerset

[re: somerset] [link to this post]

thank for info the slides are not available anymore

Eclipse Business Gold
Standard User somerset
(committed) Wed 31-Jul-13 13:43:57
Print Post

From the map:

Dec 13 - Bishops-Lydeard Bradford-On-Tone Henlade Holsworthy Mortonhampstead Sticklepath West-Monkton

Mar 14 - Blagdon-Hill Bradworthy Christow Crediton Exminster Greenham Hatherleigh Kennford Longdown Milverton Newton-St Cyres North-Curry North-Tawton Okehampton Stoke-Canon
Standard User electro
(regular) Wed 31-Jul-13 16:56:12
Print Post

Thanks for the info post.

Location: Exmouth, and on a cabinet serving 120 odd properties deemed "not commercially viable" by BT - Hoping CD&S will fund an infill cabinet as there are quite a few people I know my cabinet and other cabs on this exchange that are in the same boat.

2Mbps ADSL2+ - and no sign of a FTTC/cabinet upgrade due to "commercial viability". Want faster broadband? Move house.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Storm_Force
(newbie) Tue 12-Nov-13 21:42:21
Print Post

[re: electro] [link to this post]

I am in Hatherleigh, BT have started the works now by the looks of it digging holes marking pavements etc.
Had a look on the openreach site and there will be FTTC and FTTP here.

BTBroadband & BT Vision
Downstream 5,954.5 Kbps ( = 5.8 Mbps )
Old forum id :bb4hatherleigh
Standard User IranianGiraffe
(newbie) Sat 16-Nov-13 13:07:12
Print Post

[re: Storm_Force] [link to this post]

Yeah they did Kennford/Exminster recently and apparently my area was down to be upgraded to FTTP but due to some issues it was scaled back to FTTC instead and the cabinet is down to be installed within the next 2 weeks (may already of been done not actually looked).
Standard User neils58
(newbie) Sat 16-Nov-13 17:41:56
Print Post

Still waiting on a higher resolution image for projected coverage, but I imported the existing one as a layer in google earth and it looks like I'm going to be left out :/ My exchange is down to be upgraded in june next year but it appears that the cabinet covering my area is not going to be done.

Fingers crossed that they decide to run FTTP out over the poles to me and the other people on this side of the village (I'd guess somewhere around 30 houses, scattered about), but I doubt it'll happen.

Edited by neils58 (Sat 16-Nov-13 17:43:19)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to