General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ribble
(experienced) Tue 17-Jun-14 14:20:03
Print Post

Re: Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex Cab 2

[re: tbailey2] [link to this post]

Henfield PCP13
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Tue 17-Jun-14 15:09:53
Print Post

Re: Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex Cab 2

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Ribble:
8 is in Hickstead Arena, not on streetview.
I believe 12 is down here
And this maybe 13

Great, thanks for all those. I walked past 3 yesterday on the other side of the road and didn't see it...

Cab 5 is about 500m north of there on the roundabout in the village so wonder why it's there? Only 11 or so addresses on the cab, mostly at the farm.

Thanks again.

Tony
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex SDHRSTP, Cab 4
Full Live Fibre Stats, Speed, ES, Ping etc

plusnet Unlimited Fibre 42 / 10Mbps @ 800m
HG612/Technicolor - All Homeplugs Exorcised

Edited by tbailey2 (Tue 17-Jun-14 17:53:05)

Standard User tbailey2
(member) Fri 20-Jun-14 08:54:17
Print Post

Hurstpierpoint, Burgess Hill, Hassocks and Henfield Cab Map

[re: Ribble] [link to this post]

Thanks to all for the cab location info.

As a result, I've moved this to a new thread with a more relevant subject as the original purpose of this one has now completed as we've had Fibre now for 4 months in Hurstpierpoint. Thanks to all who contributed smile

The new thread is
Hurstpierpoint, Burgess Hill, Hassocks and Henfield Cab Map

Tony

Edited by tbailey2 (Fri 20-Jun-14 16:00:22)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tbailey2
(member) Fri 20-Jun-14 17:35:45
Print Post

Re: Hurstpierpoint, Burgess Hill, Hassocks and Henfield Cab

[re: tbailey2] [link to this post]

Of course having said that, just had a major hiccup on my line! I've said in the past that I can often see installs taking place on my cab by the fact that the line SNR margin or Speeds jump up and down momentarily but usually go back to what they were. A couple of you said this is likely due to a bad jelly crimp on the d- or e-side in the cabinet being knocked around by a clumsy contractor!

About an hour ago the line suffered badly from this and in the process lost 10Mbps of d/l speed and the stats show 10 LOS (I've never had any in 4 months 'till then) and the DLM appears to have been at work.There was also a mass of errored seconds for an hour about 10 x normal

These DSLStats graphs show it clearly - it looks like the SNR margin has been upped by 6dB judging from when another disturbance temporariily cleared the bad connection a little later (and the interleave has also been dropped by about 300).

A BT Wholesale Speed Test shows the line as underperforming now (red result) at 32Mbps against a profile of 45Mbps (min should be 35Mbps).

SNR margin
Connection Speed

What's the best way of reporting this to plusnet as a line fault if that is in fact what it is please? Not affecting the telephone AFAIAA. I'm worried that at some point it'll disconnect completely and late on a Friday like now mad

The Live Stats in my sig show it quite well at the moment... Line had been up for 40 days prior to this.

TIA

Tony

Edited by tbailey2 (Fri 20-Jun-14 20:46:11)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | [14] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to