General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Mon 20-May-13 16:43:55
Print Post

Re: Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex Fibre progress

[re: tbailey2] [link to this post]

Ah, a reasonably quick NGA response, and at least there is a date...

Thank you for your enquiry regarding fibre broadband.

The deployment of Hurstpierpoint PCP4 cabinet is scheduled for early August 2013. This is however dependant on the exchange being fibre enabled by that date.

Please be aware that the engineering work required to commission a Fibre Broadband cabinet is often complex and should conditions on the ground change, there is a small risk that the delivery date may be effected. Please track the date for commissioning through the line checker of your chosen service provider.

Many sites that show Fibre Broadband availability dates only show when the Exchange goes live and not individual cabinets off that particular exchange.

I am unable to say how many customers connected by PCP4 will take up fibre broadband, there is a commercial model that is used but unfortunately I am unable to share the detail.
I suggest you keep an eye the availability checker of the service provider of your choice.

I guess this depends on the status of the fibre feed that they are working on as mentioned earlier.

Tony
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex SDHRSTP, Cab 4
My Live Router Stats, Ping, Speed etc

ZeN Active 39dB 2.9Km ~10Mb/s
Billion Bipac 7800 @ 1 - 5dB
Standard User timl
(member) Mon 20-May-13 16:48:04
Print Post

I'm on cabinet 9. It's Fiber twin was put in about 2 months ago.

Until last week it was even reporting expected FTTC speeds but those options seem to have disappeared from the checker now.

And as we are connected to Hurstpierpoint exchange and already have a fiber box fitted I'm guessing Sayers Common is part of the same BT commercial roll-out rather then being BDUK funded.

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Mon 20-May-13 17:01:37
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

Ah didn't realise you already had a Fibre cab! Sounds like they were all put in about the same time. How far away are you from it?

Tony

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User timl
(member) Mon 20-May-13 18:26:20
Print Post

When the fibre checker was reporting line speeds BT estimated approx 68Mbps. I'm less than 150m from the cabinet.

Seems like excellent news from Openreach and the planned activation of your PCP. Let's hope they get the fiber to the Exchange sorted out in the next month or so.

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
Standard User ccxo
(experienced) Mon 20-May-13 20:14:21
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

If the estimates disappear from the checker then it usually means the cabinet is going to go live and start accepting orders, just keep checking the wholesale checker each day.

Orange BB 5856/448
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Fri 24-May-13 11:33:16
Print Post

Just a note that the new FTTC cab at the junction of Cuckfield Road and Trinity Road (BN6 9UY - I think this is Cab 7 as that's where the building next to it on the same side of the road is fed from and it's next to a PCO on that cab but it isn't marked and doesn't have a phone line listed in the checker yet) now has power on as the fans are running.

Edit: it is actually the twin to Cab 5 that is to the south of it (thanks partial)

Tony

Edited by tbailey2 (Fri 24-May-13 20:10:27)

Standard User partial
(member) Fri 24-May-13 17:10:52
Print Post

You sure it's a fibre cabinet as there isn't a copper cabinet near that location. Cabinet 7 is in Western Rd.
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Fri 24-May-13 17:25:47
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Well the power and sound of fans is a bit of a giveaway amongst other attributes.... tongue

It may be for whatever cab feeds Cuckfield Road North of St Lawrence School on the even numbered side of the road. I couldn't find a copper cab nearby and I've been walking the area for 22 years (there is an alley across the road that goes to the exchange I need to look at though)! And the school is being expanded, possibly with uprated IT facilities. Maybe there's a 'connection'

Cab corner of Trinity/Cuckfield Road

Tony

Edited by tbailey2 (Fri 24-May-13 19:28:15)

Standard User partial
(member) Fri 24-May-13 17:37:59
Print Post

That'll be the fibre cab for 5

Cab 7 is here

Cab 6

Edited by partial (Fri 24-May-13 17:45:46)

Standard User tbailey2
(member) Fri 24-May-13 17:44:56
Print Post

[re: partial] [link to this post]

Thanks! Ah well, must have walked by both more than a few times but never spotted them. Cab 5 on the corner will be the closest to Henfield (that is the road to that village) where the fibre feed is apparently coming from according to a couple of OR guys.

Tony

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to