General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Tue 25-Jun-13 17:45:36
Print Post

Re: Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex Fibre progress

[re: tbailey2] [link to this post]

Well at last the Phone Checker is now offering me FTTC info:

WBC FTTC Up to 30.9 Up to 5.9 -- 31-Mar-14

Hopefully the date will be nearer the nga estimate of August 2013 though.

Tony
Hurstpierpoint, West Sussex SDHRSTP, Cab 4
My Live Router Stats, Ping, Speed etc

ZeN Active 39dB 2.9Km ~10Mb/s
Billion Bipac 7800 @ 1 - 5dB
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Sun 30-Jun-13 18:00:46
Print Post

The Openreach "Where and When" site at last shows Hurstpierpoint exchange as Coming Soon rather than a Future Exchange... Date is December 2013. Will be interesting to see which of the dates Openreach have given recently is the actual one? Choose from August 2013 (nga enquiries), December 2013 or March 2014 (Telephone Checker)...

Tony

Edited by tbailey2 (Sun 30-Jun-13 20:14:55)

Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Jun-13 18:54:20
Print Post

Due to complaints to ASA, Openreach started adding a 6 month additional leadtime onto generic time estimates (ie ones from the checker), to be more sure that they never needed to extend them.

That means you could expect yourself to be 6 months earlier than March 2014, if all goes well and there are no problems with your cabinet.

The exchange date doesn't matter to you personally - because the exchange can, and probably will, go live earlier than your cabinet.

The NGA enquiry desk tend to give you their best, live, estimate from the project plans. You aren't likely to be done any sooner, and it could well happen by this date, but things can still go wrong.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User tbailey2
(member) Sun 30-Jun-13 20:06:41
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Yes, that's exactly how I understood the dates. Let's hope the nga one is the accurate one but i don't think it will be that early judging by the scheduled roadworks.

Tony

Standard User tbailey2
(member) Mon 09-Sep-13 16:22:41
Print Post

Not a lot to report - there have been multiple roadworks around the village to install new ducting and sort out collapsed ducting etc. I put in an nga enquiry for my Cab 4 at the top of College lane and received the following this morning (they replied in three working days!):

Work to alleviate the problem of blocked ductwork is ongoing. Because of the extra work involved, the go live date for the cabinet (4) has been moved to late November.

Which is not that far away now.

Anyone who wants to can get a estimate now for their fibre speed via the Openreach telephone number page assuming your cab is being enabled. Mine at about 800m shows 31/6, currently on actual 10/1 via ADLS2+.

Tony

Standard User timl
(committed) Mon 09-Sep-13 16:41:35
Print Post

So Santa may give us superfast broadband this year.

The BT Wholesale When & Where site talks about a December go live date too.

In preparation I've already transferred the line to BT in the expectation that they will be one of the first to offer it... and I'm determined to be first to get it installed, in port 1, on my PCP.

I imagine you are equally eager. smile

Tim

Plusnet unlimited FTTC
Standard User tbailey2
(member) Mon 09-Sep-13 17:53:58
Print Post

[re: timl] [link to this post]

Well you never know!

I am not actually that worried - I don't game or stream much so current speed is fine the majority of the time and it is stable. However, changing to fibre will give me ca three times the speed down and much better up for less than my current cost as I'm currently on a business rated tariff that I don't need any more. And I'll probably go with PlusNet rather than BT for the better customer support but haven't committed yet. Yes, the Wholesale site changed from the 2014 date it had been showing a week or so ago I think. Need to get in early though as 82 extra new houses at the top of the road planned for next year - they will back on to Cab 4.

Tony

Standard User tbailey2
(member) Tue 03-Dec-13 10:26:39
Print Post

Or lack of and now postponement of. The last I had heard was live end of Nov 2013 from nga a while back.

The availability date changed overnight from 31-Mar-2014 to 15-Apr-2017 !!!

I've asked nga.enquries what has gone wrong and they usually reply fairly quickly. Anyone else had a big postponement like this? (this is not a BDUK project).

Does anyone know whether the BT Sport offering supplies feeds in the evening? For the past week my line has been heavily congested between ca 20:00 and 23:00 and wondered if this might be the problem. Hopefully fibre would cure this?

If I'm still alive when we get it that is.

Tony

Standard User tbailey2
(member) Tue 03-Dec-13 10:36:48
Print Post

Update - I have two telephone lines here (and both off the same cable bundle and cab) - the other one (which has ADLS2+) on it is still showing 31-Mar-2014 so this could be a database error. I've checked some other numbers in the village and they all still show Mar-2014 inc further up the lane....

Tony

Standard User tbailey2
(member) Wed 18-Dec-13 16:09:06
Print Post

Seems this was a DB error as the Telephone Number checker it's now reverted to end March 2014 for all the numbers I checked.

Several of us on BT's broadband enquiry list received this on Monday:

Thanks for telling us that you're interested in superfast fibre broadband.
We're really pleased to let you know that your local exchange, Hurstpierpoint, has been added to our rollout plans.

etc etc

Which at least showed that it was likely still going to happen and the BT Where and When status map has now been updated from FE to CS.

For those following this thread here and on the website, an enquiry to nga last week got this response today:

Thank you for your enquiry about Hurstpierpoint exchange cabinet 4. We have been experiencing issues within our own duct network, blocked ducts. I am afraid this has delayed our progress and the scheduled date for the provision of fibre broadband is now early march 2014.

So hope springs eternal...

Tony

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to