PN have just bumped up my IP Profile to 80/20.
- My PPPoE Session dropped out.
- Modem lights flashed but no activity my side on the line.
- Modem lights stopped flashing then solid Green.
- PPPoE Dial-up window popped up but wouldn't let me sign back in immediately so I waited for 6mins
** As I read somewhere on the PN forums this is how long PN have configured their systems to hold on to PPP sessions
- There was No Reboot of Server required, kept power to modem (no modem power-down)
- I just got my PPPoE session 'kicked' off
- Reconnected after short waiting time just to be sure it was PN re-configuring my Profile.
(which it was, lol makes sense)
- Re authenticated
- Authenticated first time (unlike the old 56k dial-up days)
- IP profile 80/20 (or there about)
Plus net have sorted things out - Fair play
According to BTW Tests results now show:
Download speed achieved during the test was - 66.48 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-73.15 Mbps .
IP Profile for your line is - 73.15 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 15.07Mbps
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
I think this is a job well done
From one VERY
happy little bunny...
What do you guys think ?
P.S. What is the MTU size for PPPoE Sessions 1500 or 1440 or 1480
Plusnet Awaiting a new router PN Also PN IP Profile Half