General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 24-May-13 10:13:41
Print Post

Re: BTW Diag. IP Profile slower than PN my current profile

[re: majika2007] [link to this post]

Just get yourself an HG612 off ebay, I wouldn't want to open up my only modem.

Standard User majika2007
(regular) Fri 24-May-13 10:33:21
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Hi RONSKI, I'm one step ahead of you on this one.
I am debating over the HG612 or the HG622 Im going to checkout the china ebay to see what's what, whether that will make any difference or what I don't know. I have seen the HG216 on ebay atm, I do fancy the 4 LAN ports that the HG622 has to offer though so I in two minds.

I think I read somewhere that ChinaTel are using it for their CPE.

I'm going hunting, let me get my head around a couple of things then I will decide on either trying to brick (i mean crack) the ECI or just buy a HG6126/HG622 (if available)

smile

Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Fri 24-May-13 11:03:41
Print Post

[re: majika2007] [link to this post]

I'd follow Ronski's advice and get a 612 off ebay. They are a doddle to unlock, and you've still got the original if anything goes wrong.

I tried an HG622. It was good having a single box, but for me it gave considerably lower speeds than the HG612 due to a much higher DSCorr rate. Also, the wireless did not behave as well as the HH3B; though that may have been because it was inconvenient to place the HG622 in the place I normally put the HH3B, so the HG622 was much nearer the floor.

I may have been unlucky with my unit, though Bald_Eagle also saw a decrease. See various comments on http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/f/4233951-hua...

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User asbokid
(member) Fri 24-May-13 13:52:24
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

I'm very happy to change the HG622, or refund your money in full, including P&P to and fro.

It would be interesting to have it back to see how it performs under "lab conditions". There is enough equipment here to study a range of possibilities, including the full effects of line noise on the device.

could be wrong, but I think Bald_Eagle (Paul) later checked his voluminous logs and discovered that the downwards re-profiling of his line, in fact, took place before he started using the HG622. And so the two events were unrelated, at least for him. Hopefully he will be along shortly to confirm that.

My guess is yours was just a spontaneous line fault, unconnected to the HG622. These simultaneous happenings do happen.

Whatever the cause, you're very welcome to return it for a full refund. Just so I can get my hands on it!

Cheers, a
Standard User StephenTodd
(experienced) Fri 24-May-13 14:12:34
Print Post

[re: asbokid] [link to this post]

Thanks for the offer, asbokid. I am very happy to return it for you to look at, because it would be good to see for sure what the issues are. We can then amicably discuss whether I'd rather have it back again or have a refund. (I'm happy to pay my parts of P&P as well; I think we are both more interested in the technical facts than the cost of postage, anyway.)

I'm pretty sure mine wasn't a spontaneous line fault; partly because the speed went down in stages, and partly because of the consistently high RSCorr rate I was seeing throughout. I've got some stats collected by Bald_Eagle's program (a bit less than a day's worth) which I'm happy to send you first in case it helps sort things out without the time/money waste of posting.

It is also possible that I misconfigured it in some way; is there anything you can think of in configuration that could let it work but cause high RSCorr rate?

We can continue discussion here so others can see the conversation, or by PM/email if you would rather.

--
Moved (with trepidation turned relief) to BT Infinity 2 for upload speed. Happy BE user for several years.

Edited by StephenTodd (Fri 24-May-13 14:15:01)

Standard User asbokid
(member) Fri 24-May-13 14:57:12
Print Post

[re: StephenTodd] [link to this post]

Hi, there's no point you having a defective device, if that's what it is, so please drop me a line. Best through ebay, and I'll sort it from there smile

cheers, a
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to