General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ashmo
(learned) Fri 31-May-13 18:32:29
Print Post

Re: Fibre fault between home and cabinet?

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
If the contractor has done the right thing with your install task, then they will have raised a 'dis D side' activity, hopefully the engineer who comes to do this (I'll bet there is nothing wrong with your line) ail be able to do the cab jumper for you, and get you in service. Even if the Openreach bod isn't FTTC trained, once they prove the pair as good, the install will be reappointed.

All sounds so simple all I want is a date frown

Called up TT again for the 4th time!

30 minutes on the phone transferred from Customer service to technical support then to some other department could not understand the person sounded like cancelation department ??? spoke to someone there they put me on hold then after 5mins just transferred me back to customer service!

One person said my fibre was not active and the engineer should have contacted them before leaving!?

One person said my line is not even active!?

One person said I have not even ordered fibre!?

TT all good untill you have an issue, funny how there sales team is in the UK but everything else elsehwhere.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-May-13 18:35:11
Print Post

[re: ashmo] [link to this post]

All sounds so simple all I want is a date

The dis D will be non-appointed.

Standard User ashmo
(learned) Fri 31-May-13 18:37:33
Print Post

All sounds so simple all I want is a date

The dis D will be non-appointed.

So could be any day frown is there a way I can contact open reach for a date or something as I'm more likely not to be in, I might just drive around looking for a open reach egnineer ha.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-May-13 18:47:44
Print Post

is there a way I can contact open reach for a date or something as I'm more likely not to be in, I might just drive around looking for a open reach egnineer ha.

That will get you nowhere I'm afraid. The vehicles are all tracked, the engineers have to be where they are supposed to be.

Standard User ashmo
(learned) Fri 31-May-13 18:49:44
Print Post

is there a way I can contact open reach for a date or something as I'm more likely not to be in, I might just drive around looking for a open reach egnineer ha.

That will get you nowhere I'm afraid. The vehicles are all tracked, the engineers have to be where they are supposed to be.

hmmm do they work on saturdays?
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 31-May-13 19:00:44
Print Post

So, does that mean he'll come home one day and his broadband won't work, but FTTC will once he plugs the modem in?

If that is the case he won't need to worry about being at home, but of course it does still leave him worrying about whether any further action is going to be taken or not.

Standard User ashmo
(learned) Fri 31-May-13 19:07:24
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
So, does that mean he'll come home one day and his broadband won't work, but FTTC will once he plugs the modem in?

If that is the case he won't need to worry about being at home, but of course it does still leave him worrying about whether any further action is going to be taken or not.

Yes that is one of the main reasons I would like to know the engineer today just left everything and I had to put back my old ADSL router still working now but after calling talktalk they keep doing stupid line tests and my connection keeps going off even know I've not actuality been told by anyone these tests will get done as I get cut off every time.

I've tried to get in contact with the enigneer from today asking for more informaion or a number or anything but nothing yet.
Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-May-13 19:07:57
Print Post

hmmm do they work on saturdays?

Oh yes.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 31-May-13 19:16:46
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

The dis D doesn't actually mean the FTTC stuff will be connected. You have to get an amenable engineer. The engineer will be unable to get the FTTC install 'pinned' to themselves (trust me). So no obligation to do this.

Could be also that the contractor hadn't got the set up right in the house, or maybe a faulty port, sync in the cab, but not under load, needs a lift and shift, lots of options. Still bank on the contractor being a plonker.
but of course it does still leave him worrying about whether any further action is going to be taken or not.

Yes, you have to hope the contractor has done the right thing with the unfinished task. Good job the OP has a top ISP fighting his corner ! frown

Standard User ashmo
(learned) Fri 31-May-13 19:51:22
Print Post

The dis D doesn't actually mean the FTTC stuff will be connected. You have to get an amenable engineer. The engineer will be unable to get the FTTC install 'pinned' to themselves (trust me). So no obligation to do this.

Could be also that the contractor hadn't got the set up right in the house, or maybe a faulty port, sync in the cab, but not under load, needs a lift and shift, lots of options. Still bank on the contractor being a plonker.
but of course it does still leave him worrying about whether any further action is going to be taken or not.

Yes, you have to hope the contractor has done the right thing with the unfinished task. Good job the OP has a top ISP fighting his corner ! frown

Finally managed to get a fault logged with TT but still have to wait 24 hours before I can even arrange an engineer, the engineer sent me a message with openreach number and ref but they only open mon fri :/
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to