General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User systemx
(experienced) Tue 13-Aug-13 13:26:41
Print Post

Re: fibre back to ADSL

[re: acpsd775] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by acpsd775:
In reply to a post by systemx:
Maybe they want to retrieve the Openreach modem

surely if that was the case they would of come for it on the 8th when they activated ADSL and i dont think they ask for them back ive got 2 (well 3 because i bought on off ebay) 2 ECIs provided by OR and 1 huawei, suppose ill find out tomorrow and best move some draws out of the way on the off chance they want to get access to the phone socket.

im sure It should be just a case of going and actually uncoupling the fibre headers though as this is what they forgot to do on the 8th

Ash

No I don't think they will want it back. I think that Sky have just booked an Openreach visit to get this sorted so you can tell him/her that you wish to return to an adsl service.
Standard User dave2150
(experienced) Wed 14-Aug-13 00:27:38
Print Post

[re: jchamier] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by jchamier:
In reply to a post by zyborg47:
My upload is about 2, which for me is fine, I got a 10Mb/s download. I am happy with the system I have got, I don't feel the need to go to fibre.

For me the problem is usage - I would be an AAISP customer for IPv6 and their excellent team, but at ~200GB of usage a month there are a lot less options. (Streaming internet TV services is the use case).

My friends and family in the USA are all pretty much cable only (due to distance) and over there the usage allowances start at 250gb a month. Here we think 40GB or 50GB is "high usage". :-/

Sky Unlimited says hi

Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Aug-13 07:40:03
Print Post

[re: dave2150] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by dave2150:
Sky Unlimited says hi

same as BT Infinity which I'm on. Neither do static IP addressing, or IPv6 or reverse DNS - and that's just the start. They don't compare with AAISP.

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/10 - Sync 54 / 11 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Wed 14-Aug-13 13:21:43
Print Post

quick update OR guys been all up and running usual sky start of on 4meg hope that rises quickly forgot how long it took from last time i was on sky, I know i said i dont mind the fibre downgrade so much but 4 meg is a tad too low to be stuck on lol

Ash

Sky Unlimited - Speed to Be seen when fully activated
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Aug-13 15:22:07
Print Post

ok, not apple's fault, typical UK! So slow to sort anything out.

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Aug-13 15:27:46
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Chrysalis:
The s3 and s4 imo suffer from been too slim, the design is to make the phones look nice but they are less practical,
I did find my S4 too slim, and promptly dropped it as soon as I got it out the box, I did however purchase a otter box defender case, which whilst making it a bit bulky, it is now very easy to hold, and well protected.

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 14-Aug-13 15:40:00
Print Post

In reply to a post by jchamier:
I agree those handsets are not my favourite size either, I tend to find blokes holding them in their hands, and women put them in handbags. They don't fit in pockets. One reason to avoid them - but each to their own smile

I was in two minds as to whether to get/keep the S4 due to the size, I pay £12 a month for a sim only contract and buy second hand phones, and had just bought an S2, which is a very nice size. Then a friend said he'd been offered an S4 upgrade, but he didn't want or need a smart phone, and he offered it to me for £300, he didn't want the hassle of selling it for more.

I find the S4 a bit big, but then I do have it in a big sturdy case (Otter box defender), but I find it fits comfortably in my jeans pocket, although sometimes I do tend to carry it, but more so that it doesn't get stolen when walking.

Standard User simon194
(committed) Wed 14-Aug-13 17:43:43
Print Post

IIRC when I had Sky ADSL, DLM will kick in after 2-3 days then it shouldn't take more than a week to stabilise the line.
Standard User acpsd775
(experienced) Wed 14-Aug-13 17:54:32
Print Post

[re: simon194] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by simon194:
IIRC when I had Sky ADSL, DLM will kick in after 2-3 days then it shouldn't take more than a week to stabilise the line.

Yea I had Sky b4 tbh I'm just going to get Sky to force my speed and turn dlm off like i did first time around

Ash

Sky Unlimited - Speed to Be seen when fully activated
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Wed 14-Aug-13 19:54:42
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
ok, not apple's fault, typical UK! So slow to sort anything out.

Yeah, annoying, and they're stuck with what the chip vendors are selling. Qualcomm were first to market with a low power LTE chipset and Apple bought their first 6 months of production!!

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/10 - Sync 54 / 11 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to