General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Fri 20-Sep-13 17:15:06
Print Post

Re: upstream vs distance

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

We have a lot more capacity than a Gig on the speed test server and have ran internal data centre tests at well over 1 Gigabit.

If it says busy, usually the user limit kicking in to avoid server load issues rather than bandwidth issues. Or we were fiddling, which was the case earlier today.

We would know if our server got close to its bandwidth limits

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User jchamier
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Fri 20-Sep-13 19:43:50
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

I thought you did, but I know Seb is an Apple fan, but suspect the lack of RJ45 ports on the mobile would have stopped him smile

James BT Infinity 2 19/09/2012 - Sold 42/6 - Getting 46/8 - Sync 50 / 9 Mbps @ 470m approx
14 years of broadband (ntl: cable to BT FTTC) - Router: Asus RT-N66U - Modem: Huawei HG612 speedtest
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 20-Sep-13 23:38:11
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Andrew I think he meant idnet only have 1 gig not tbb. Looks like things have settled down again now.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM

Edited by Chrysalis (Fri 20-Sep-13 23:39:26)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Fri 27-Sep-13 21:49:09
Print Post

[re: Andrue] [link to this post]

my line has eventually dropped earlier tonight, but not DLM. Seems I had a temporary dip in downstream snrm and a sustained dip in upstream snrm, line has came back with a lower sync but the attainable is higher. Although the hg612 seems to be exagerating the attainable somewhat as my snrm is now 7.5db with an attainable 6 mbit higher than my sync.

Line is still fast path so not quite sure why the attainable seems whacked. I will reboot the modem tommorow, dont want to give dlm 2 downtimes to ponder over.

BT Infinity 2 Since Dec 2012 - BQM
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to