General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 16-Oct-13 16:19:15
Print Post

Re: My FTTC: could someone offer some insight?

[re: john014] [link to this post]

In which case use Google Streetview and then plot a walking distance using Google Maps

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 16-Oct-13 16:20:21
Print Post

[re: 4M2] [link to this post]

The check should still work even if not a BT WLR number, so long as you use the FULL ADDRESS checker option.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Oct-13 16:23:00
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

The site www.walkjogrun.net is quite good for drawing a route and getting the distance for it.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User 4M2
(knowledge is power) Wed 16-Oct-13 16:57:49
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The check should still work even if not a BT WLR number, so long as you use the FULL ADDRESS checker option.

Will try that later, my cousin has TalkTalk full LLU and we couldn't get a result before - had to use the phone number of a very nearby shop (who are on a WLR line) to establish FTTC availability, speeds etc. smile
Standard User burakkucat
(experienced) Wed 16-Oct-13 17:25:45
Print Post

In reply to a post by john014:
on a separate note, has anyone determined whether Beattie have removed the webGUI from the HG612 in the latest firmware?
Whether access to the GUI is only blocked or whether the code has been removed is currently an unknown. frown

100% Linux and, previously, Unix.
Standard User eckiedoo
(member) Wed 16-Oct-13 17:30:42
Print Post

Load up "Google Earth" and locate your estate.

In the top row of icons, one will display "Show ruler" when the Cursor is on it - Click.

Select "Path"

Use the Cursor to plot the "likely" route from the Cabinet to your house - need not be roads, paths etc, so accommodates overhead cabling.

However, be wary. My Cabinet is about 25 metres directly across the road from my front door, where the phone line comes in - but takes about 125 metres to get there, via a small, footpath-level, Junction Box on the foundations of a neighbour's house.

Apart from that, it is totally underground, so not readily fund and confirmed.

To compound it, the main cable ducting from the Exchange to that cabinet are under the footpath immediately to the side of my house, with a three-section jointing chamber included.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to