General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User kitcat
(committed) Wed 20-Nov-13 20:15:14
Print Post

Re: When will we get better internet?

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Even if they decided to do FTTP this premise would be at the very back of the queue, they will always be in the last 1% of dwellings to be done unless they do it themselves. Have a look at the map.

Unless you are a millionaire with money to burn you too would not look at supplying the address. If you are the aforementioned millionaire put your money up now and pay for him.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Nov-13 20:18:35
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

If I did win the £25 million pound on the lottery, I will give to BT £10 million pound to help all farmer get FTTP (if the government willing to put £10 million with my share) to grant BT £20 million in total.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Wed 20-Nov-13 20:19:12)

Standard User David_W
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 20-Nov-13 20:22:48
Print Post

[re: TomPoolHD] [link to this post]

Unless I'm mistaken, the BDUK projects like Superfast North Yorkshire plan primarily at the cabinet level. Whilst they might be aware that there are some D side pairs on your cabinet that are so long FTTC will be essentially useless, I doubt they're targeting funding at those lines.

Cornwall used some of their BDUK funds to provide FTTP to remote properties. MrSaffron will likely know more about the Cornish use of FTTP.

It is certainly worth enquiring with Superfast North Yorkshire if they are able to do anything to help you. Make sure your enquiry underlines that your line connects via an FTTC enabled cabinet but the long line length from the cabinet made the FTTC service you had installed too slow to be of any use.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 20-Nov-13 20:39:19
Print Post

[re: David_W] [link to this post]

As Cornwall went so early some of the issues do not exist that do for BDUK areas and a very good relationship with the council

As yet North Yorkshire has not made any commitment to 100% super fast and lone properties are always likely to be last unless its a business and ERDF funding might be available.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/6138-north-yorksh...

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Nov-13 20:49:40
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

Are Boston Spa including on this BDUK area MrSaffron. Cos my mate live in Boston Spa and he asked me if they will bring FTTC to this area. He struggle to get 1.7Meg out of ADSL.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Wed 20-Nov-13 20:50:22)

Standard User TomPoolHD
(newbie) Wed 20-Nov-13 20:52:22
Print Post

[re: kitcat] [link to this post]

Hello kitcat. The line is underground from the cabinet to the start of our lane. Then it come out of the ground and continues on poles to our farm. Openreach have been down our lane a week ago replacing a telephone pole it had a great lean on it. Here is a Link to google maps street view as you can see on the left hand side the line is there and if you follow it back you can find where it starts. Thanks
https://maps.gstatic.com/m/streetview/?panoid=lDgnRp...

Edited by TomPoolHD (Wed 20-Nov-13 20:57:03)

Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 20-Nov-13 21:03:00
Print Post

Is Boston Spa in North Yorkshire and where does it stand no their map?

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Nov-13 21:14:15
Print Post

Boston Spa is in West Yorkshire, LS23 6DF

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Standard User TomPoolHD
(newbie) Wed 20-Nov-13 22:07:52
Print Post

Well I'm pretty angry I just found this for 2 business over the road from me. They are on my side of the bypass and are lets say 50m closer to old malton than me. Both business are right next to each other and one of them is the well know Eden Camp if you want to google it location in relation to me. I'm YO17 6RE and Eden camp is YO17 6RT . Both give way different results even though they are right next to each other, the other business if russels which is a agricultural place that deal with tractors and I was wondering if I should shoot a email over to Super fast northyorkshire including that 2 business would also benefit from faster broadband. Eden Camp is pretty well know and has busses arriving most days to visit so that could be worth a mention.. Do you think it's a good idea?

Here is the 2 test for Eden camp and Russels both of cabinet 9 and about as far as me from the cabinet.

Russels: http://t.co/irmyFUBLjE
Eden Camp: http://t.co/ucKTkQTa7z
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 20-Nov-13 22:22:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
Boston Spa is in West Yorkshire, LS23 6DF

Boston Spa would be covered by Superfast West Yorkshire.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | [5] | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to