General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Nov-13 13:41:16
Print Post

Re: Congratulations BT

[re: billford] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by billford:
I think you're failing to take account of a significant point- you are describing the situation as it exists on the planet on which you live.

As is adslmax wink

You have a point. I'm stuck in a world where things make sense, people have to work for a living and don't have the time to sit filming Openreach installing their 40,000-something cabinet. Where people even have to pay for their own Internet connections and pursue interests in their own time as work / study / family requires a substantial amount of the week to be given up.
Standard User KelvinBridge
(newbie) Wed 27-Nov-13 14:12:28
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

.... no no no, they were planning a delay in the plan that they were planning to delay, the plan to delay the plan only came after the plan was planned !!

....... naturally !
Standard User ian72
(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Nov-13 16:28:41
Print Post

[re: KelvinBridge] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by KelvinBridge:
.... no no no, they were planning a delay in the plan that they were planning to delay, the plan to delay the plan only came after the plan was planned !!

....... naturally !

Unfortunately that plan failed.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Nov-13 17:34:06
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
You have a point. I'm stuck in a world where things make sense, people have to work for a living and don't have the time to sit filming Openreach installing their 40,000-something cabinet. Where people even have to pay for their own Internet connections and pursue interests in their own time as work / study / family requires a substantial amount of the week to be given up.

I know that world, not sure about the making sense and I'll have to scrub the study and replace it with DIY.

(knowledge is power) Wed 27-Nov-13 21:51:37
Print Post

[re: KelvinBridge] [link to this post]

You owe me for 2 painkillers, Kelvin.
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Wed 27-Nov-13 23:31:59
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
I know that world, not sure about the making sense and I'll have to scrub the study and replace it with DIY.

In my version of that world, time constraints mean I've given up trying to correct the uneducated rants that are coming to populate these (and other) forums. I've learnt to find it amusing.

It's a shame, but you can't spend time you haven't got...
(newbie) Thu 28-Nov-13 01:14:06
Print Post

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

##It's a shame, but you can't spend time you haven't got...##

........which Doctor Who said that as I haven't had the time to check it myself ...yet !
(newbie) Thu 28-Nov-13 01:16:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by Ignitionnet:
You owe me for 2 painkillers, Kelvin.

remember to mark the one that your planning to take first as any delay could have unexpected

what's it's !
Standard User brightd
(experienced) Thu 28-Nov-13 09:22:32
Print Post

I understand your sentiment. However, on my exchange, which was one of the winners of the race to infinity, the rest of the cabinets have had FTTC for 18 months or so. Our cabinet is destined for FTTP, but despite work having been slowly on-going of over a year, fibre cables being rolled up at the bottom of the poles, and multiple questions to nga coming back suggesting availability dates which started in March this year we are no where near availability.

I also would have thought that BT would want a return on their FTTP investment so far, but it seems not.

David

plusnet Unlimited customer
DrayTek Vigor 2830n
(knowledge is power) Thu 28-Nov-13 11:34:53
Print Post

[re: brightd] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by brightd:
I also would have thought that BT would want a return on their FTTP investment so far, but it seems not.

Or they are, as elsewhere, having deployment problems.
Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to