General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sun 01-Dec-13 15:34:49
Print Post

Re: Why Can't I Get BT Infinity?

[re: evrelia] [link to this post]

I think perhaps BatBoy is right. Are the other flats occupied?

Note the huge difference in the other speeds quoted as well.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,website and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Standard User XRaySpeX
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sun 01-Dec-13 17:30:05
Print Post

In reply to a post by evrelia:
http://fttc-check.alc.im/results.php?postcode=ME157UY
Surely you used the address checker: http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.address ? The postcode one does not distinguish between properties.

1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Standard User evrelia
(newbie) Sun 01-Dec-13 17:39:51
Print Post

[re: XRaySpeX] [link to this post]

Yes, I did use the Address checker, hence why I posted the results for different properties. The link you quoted was something else.

I don't know if the other flats are occupied, but the flat that I'm moving into on Jan 4th is currently occupied by another tenant.

Edited by evrelia (Sun 01-Dec-13 17:42:43)

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 02-Dec-13 21:47:42
Print Post

There's an alternative possibility too... that your phone line does not route the same way as all your neighbours.

The 3 flats in my building all route the phone lines out the back, to a pole in the back alley, and from there back to one cabinet.

The houses either side of this building (all of which are big old victorian piles) route out the front, to a different cabinet. They get slower estimates, even though their cabinet is roughly the same distance away.

In our case, the routing is obvious because it shows a different cabinet in the checker. But routing via a different DP, and then different routes back to the cabinet, is also possible.

Possible, but perhaps not likely.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to