General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread
Administrator MrSaffron
(staff) Wed 18-Dec-13 16:38:36
Print Post

Re: How do I order FTTP on Demand?

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Correct, that is why I mentioned clarinet but NOT their pricing.

It is a case of chasing them directly, contract terms for FoD will be different to native FTTP.

Andrew Ferguson, [email protected]
www.thinkbroadband.com - formerly known as ADSLguide.org.uk
The author of the above post is a thinkbroadband staff member. It may not constitute an official statement on behalf of thinkbroadband.
Standard User bdo21
(learned) Sat 28-Dec-13 10:15:36
Print Post

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by MrSaffron:
The 2 year limit on consumer contracts from Ofcom means that it is usually a business based provider

BT themselves, but probably hardest to deal with if a consumer I suspect.
Claranet I think do.

Have asked out on twitter for providers to put their hands up

Did you receive any replies from providers able to offer FTTPoD? The wholesale checker is now showing FTTPoD as available for me - I tried calling BT who tried to be helpful but they said it is not available on my line despite showing on the checker because of my distance from the cabinet (which I hope is not right - I get 25meg today). I also called plusnet who said they don't offer it (I understand it is in trial and I can't find any information out about the trial). I am a little wary of meter based pricing (AAISP) on a 3yr contract so I would be very interested in any other pricing options.

Claranet's website doesn't look like they would be interested in a single broadband line. I tried calling but they are closed.

Thanks
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 28-Dec-13 10:20:04
Print Post

[re: bdo21] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by bdo21:
I am a little wary of meter based pricing (AAISP) on a 3yr contract
Will AAISP sell you FTTPoD?

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 28-Dec-13 10:53:24
Print Post

Plusnet do offer FTTPod but it's not an official product, it's still in the trial phase. PN tend to keep things in a trail phase for ages before releasing an official product.

Your best course of action would be to PM DaveTomlinson on here.

See this post/thread for further details.

Hope that helps.

Standard User bdo21
(learned) Sat 28-Dec-13 11:03:02
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

Thanks - I messaged Dave in reply to the other post you highlighted but I haven't heard back (it has obviously been over the Christmas period).

I have asked AAISP today but given I'm not sure about metered pricing, I want to find someone else to compare against.

Thanks
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sat 28-Dec-13 11:33:01
Print Post

It's probably best to at least get a quote to remove the doubt that you can get it:
I tried calling BT who tried to be helpful but they said it is not available on my line despite showing on the checker because of my distance from the cabinet

______________________________________________________________________________________Go_girl!__________________
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Dec-13 14:00:20
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

I think the ISP won't put official for FTTPoD yet because it still early stage. They probably wait until next phase by BTW in March 2014 and probably go official in April 2014.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 28-Dec-13 18:55:04
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

Found one ISP accepting order for FTTPoD here: http://www.gradwell.com/broadband/fttpod

Beware: Monthly price (ex VAT) From £200.00

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Sat 28-Dec-13 18:56:19)

Standard User vivaciti
(knowledge is power) Sun 29-Dec-13 20:09:41
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

We can offer it through our allowance packages, drop and email with your requirements on speed etc and someone will be able to get you a price tomorrow.

www.vivaciti.net
Vivaciti Broadband
0800 0911797

Forum
Facebook
Standard User partial
(committed) Sun 29-Dec-13 21:01:20
Print Post

[re: vivaciti] [link to this post]

I think Zarjaz probably gets an unbeatable deal already. IE he gets it free with his employer. .

For the benefit of others in the market, and as you are marketing on this thread.

Could you advise which Ofcom Approved ADR Vivaciti belong to? This is a regulatory requirement and punters on this board are sure to want to want to deal with regulatory compliant providers.

Edited by partial (Sun 29-Dec-13 21:23:34)

Pages in this thread: 1 | [2] | 3 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to