General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User Seansmit17
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Sat 11-Jan-14 01:18:37
Print Post

Re: Yay !

[re: wolvesmad] [link to this post]

So 31st oct was when your local FTTC cab was installed?

TalkTalk 24Mb
Current Line Status

Connection Speed 24272 Kbps 1019 Kbps
Line Attenuation 14.5 dB 5.5 dB
Noise Margin 0.3 dB 11.8 dB
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Sat 11-Jan-14 06:49:14
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

of course not, some comments have been made about him apparently living only of benefits? hence my comment.

of course he could be on DLA "and" in a well paid job since DLA has nothng to do with employment.

But regardless of his situation the posts lately seem very troll like.

Standard User Rastus
(committed) Sat 11-Jan-14 09:18:39
Print Post

Re: Yay ! *DELETED*

[re: MrSaffron] [link to this post]

As you wish, but 'language'? The inferred word was 'stalking'.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Sat 11-Jan-14 09:52:01
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

That's even more childish than the original post. You would be better deleting it, to stop yourself looking a complete fool as well as crude.

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 59.4/14.4Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Edited by RobertoS (Sat 11-Jan-14 09:52:30)

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Jan-14 12:39:30
Print Post

[re: Seansmit17] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Seansmit17:
So 31st oct was when your local FTTC cab was installed?

Careful not to read too much into someone else's timeline. Some go live within a couple of weeks of being stood, some take months. The cabinet serving me was accepting orders within less than 3 weeks.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Jan-14 13:54:25
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Any subject talk about DLA , JSA or other benefits is pointless on this thread. This thread is all about broadband fibre, not all about benefits entitled or not. Pointless thread in my view. The fact is I am self employed (working from home) and do not claim any of these benefits. End of. Be careful who u are accused.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Edited by adslmax (Sat 11-Jan-14 13:57:54)

Standard User Stevenage_Neil
(member) Sat 11-Jan-14 14:07:38
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by adslmax:
.... Pointless thread in my view.....

Totally agree!
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Jan-14 15:09:47
Print Post

Any subject talk about DLA , JSA or other benefits is pointless on this thread. This thread is all about broadband fibre, not all about benefits entitled or not. Pointless thread in my view. The fact is I am self employed (working from home) and do not claim any of these benefits. End of. Be careful who u are accused.

It certainly is a pointless thread for sure.

As this was a response to me directly is your last sentence a threat?
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Jan-14 15:36:16
Print Post

Can I take you back a couple of years to something you put on another forum, just as a guideline to your credibility...

I had upgrade and downgrade on ADSL 88th times since 2002. Upgrade and downgrade 28th times since 2007 with virgin media.

It cost me nearly £4,300 to upgrade, downgrade with ADSL and Virgin Media Cable since 2002 and 2007. My monies going to ran out in my bank!

£4,300 isn't coming from my money! It from government tax money that paid for me!

I am still in talk and discussing with British Telecom Business of possible getting a Leased Line Fibre Optic (1:1) 100Meg down and 100Meg up £799.99 exc vat per month) 12 months contract with no throttle, no traffic management, totally UNLIMITED usages.

This post is a good one too.

I'm sure I could go on but you get the point. That you start that thread saying you'd signed up to an 18 month contract for everything but less than 5 months later were on 30Mb is beyond comedy by the way, but not abnormal if you are to be believed.

Before you hand out thinly veiled threats you may wish to get your own house in order and keep your messages consistent. You could also try simply not behaving like some parody character. I'm sure that if you actually work from home and earn enough to pay those kinds of costs you are doing something requiring a considerably higher level of intelligence and literacy than you show in your online identity.

Interesting, by the way, that in all the posts of yours I can remember where you complain of faults not once do you say that it's affecting your ability to work from home, or forcing you to use backup ADSL to do your job.

Obviously I may be wrong but that seems anomalous, as does your messing with your Plusnet DSL line potentially causing instability. The last thing someone who works from home is going to do is mess with the things that allow them to earn money. I am assuming that your job is something that requires Internet as I struggle to think of many other things that could supply the level of income you appear to think you have.

Just FYI I couldn't care less if you're genuinely disabled and need the welfare safety net, that's exactly what it's there for. The only thing that remote bothers me is the way you conduct yourself online, which is irrelevant to your financial or social status.

As anyone else may have noticed I have rather a thin tolerance for being threatened online, especially given the new, illiberal laws that have been put in place. Such things could seriously harm me and my family.

In fact, stuff it. No ignore button, though I have asked for an ignore to be put in place by staff, and due to my own 'disability' (government considers it as such) I struggle to leave things alone or ignore than 'manually', so so long, and thanks for all the fish TBB. I can't be doing with people who post like they're on 4Chan.

Edited by Ignitionnet (Sat 11-Jan-14 15:52:53)

Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Sat 11-Jan-14 16:08:10
Print Post

[re: Ignitionnet] [link to this post]

Yawning big wow!

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | [12] | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to