General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User MCM
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Jan-14 04:11:26
Print Post

Re: Yay !

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

I only had 4 hours sleep in the last 2 weeks anxious over cabinet available order date, I kept checked every hour, every days.
That's totally insane. All the more so given the speed of your ADSL connection and you also having a VM line.

For the sake of everyone using this forum find yourself something more constructive to occupy your time.
Standard User Rastus
(committed) Fri 03-Jan-14 09:52:27
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
physical disability? I am not. End of. I only had 4 hours sleep in the last 2 weeks anxious over cabinet available order date, I kept checked every hour, every days.

What did you do when Father Christmas didn't come? Or were you asleep when that 'happened'?

I hate to be the one to tell you, but he doesn't really exist.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Jan-14 22:01:14
Print Post

[re: Rastus] [link to this post]

I had give up. I had decided to stay with virgin media and look forward to upgrade 152/15 with VM later this year. I had enough with BT. Going to cancel my bt line rental and ADSL2+ too.

plusnetADSL2+16 Meg

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Jan-14 22:06:57
Print Post

breeze ..........

.................................................................. sigh

Standard User Ignitionnet
(knowledge is power) Fri 03-Jan-14 22:34:43
Print Post

Re: breeze ..........

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

Anyone want to open a book on how long before the inevitable change of mind?
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Fri 03-Jan-14 22:35:59
Print Post

[re: Stanman_24] [link to this post]

Well the cabinet I am connected to was put up in November 2012, Estimate for go live was April 2013. This is still getting pushed back every month so currently says January 2014. So 14 months and counting, a cabinet which is probably 1km further up the same road further from the exchange was up and running in November 2013.

There is very little point in contacting open-reach as they just fob you off with false information, or are so vague it is just a waste of time.
Standard User btbert
(member) Fri 03-Jan-14 23:51:58
Print Post

[re: colic] [link to this post]

"Estimate" and thats all it is .

these comments are my own and in no way represent any company that i may or may not be linked too.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2420497773.png
Standard User WWWombat
(fountain of knowledge) Sat 04-Jan-14 09:56:03
Print Post

[re: colic] [link to this post]

For my old house, the exchange went live in November 2010, and all the cabinets in my surrounding area were live and orderable in December 2010.

My cabinet was physically installed at the same time as the others (October 2010), but didn't go live at the same time. It eventually went live at the end of March 2011, and took until June for my order to be installed; from the various roadworks that happened, it looks like they had problems finding power for it.

It is certainly frustrating when you are on the receiving end, but it is also perfectly understandable - there will be some percentage of cabinets where problems are encountered, and the cheapest way to deal with them in the rollout is to put them to one side, and sort things out later.

At the time, Openreach had no method to find out what was going on, so you just had to employ patience. It is a useful commodity, sometimes.
Standard User francisuk25
(newbie) Sat 04-Jan-14 14:19:39
Print Post

In reply to a post by adslmax:
I had give up. I had decided to stay with virgin media and look forward to upgrade 152/15 with VM later this year. I had enough with BT. Going to cancel my bt line rental and ADSL2+ too.

Been with Virgin Media for 3 years but soon as i switched to Fibre ahhhhh!
Trust me you will regret it as there network is way overloaded!

Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro Since 02/12/2013, Sync speeds:
DownStream Connection Speed: 57146
UpStream Connection Speed: 19075
Sky Hub SR101
My Broadband Ping
Standard User wolvesmad
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 07-Jan-14 15:54:37
Print Post

[re: MCM] [link to this post]

I can understand his frustration. I'm in the same boat in the same town, just different exchange.

Constant let downs on RFS dates by BT but at least our cabinets have been installed and appear to be ready to go.

I'd love an 18Mb DSL connection mind. I'm lucky to have a reasonably stable 6.5Mb connection considering my attentuation (52db) but with no cable available what can we do??

-

BT Broadband21CN

Edited by wolvesmad (Tue 07-Jan-14 15:57:52)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | [7] | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to