General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User pete_thomson
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Mar-14 13:23:03
Print Post

Re: What is the point of unrealistic dates on the checker?

[re: colic] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by colic:
I am referring to the dates on the BT wholesale checker, my cabinet was due to go live March 2013 (yes 2013)

Mine first had a go live date of June 2012. Most recent date was tomorrow, but that's been postponed yet again to Dec 2014.

Was
Virgin Media 50Mb/s
53.34Mb/s - 1.65Mb/s - 29ms @ 24/05/2011
http://speedtest.net/result/1310626245.png

Now
Andrews & Arnold
2.91Mb/s - 0.89Mb/s - 18ms and getting worse frown
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2175310790.png
Standard User colic
(fountain of knowledge) Sun 30-Mar-14 15:38:18
Print Post

Re: What is the point of unrealistic dates on the checker?

[re: pete_thomson] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by pete_thomson:
In reply to a post by colic:
I am referring to the dates on the BT wholesale checker, my cabinet was due to go live March 2013 (yes 2013)

Mine first had a go live date of June 2012. Most recent date was tomorrow, but that's been postponed yet again to Dec 2014.

This just sums my point up. all the times that the date was put forward each time I bet there was no work even planned on the cabinet before the end of the next date. It seems to me they just put a few months on each time to hold people's interest. Like yourself I have similar poor speeds due to the distance from the exchange. Yet all the cabinets that are close to the exchange are now enabled. They have even built two new ones one of them is 20 yards opposite the exchange.

So the ones who had good speeds to start with can now get even better speeds. Yet there are at least 3 cabinets that are over 2 miles from the exchange where the dates just get pushed back every 3 months!
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | [3] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to