General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 21-Apr-14 16:59:44
Print Post

Re: Ping graph request from Plusnet & Sky FTTC users please

[re: Hoolay88] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Hoolay88:
i still dont see where i contradicted myself, its pretty clear, the DLM itself will decide if and how much interleaving to apply/not to apply from the live data it reads from the individuals connection, the DLM PROFILE does not determine this, only the threshold.

Please read carefully, hopefully this explains it clearly for you.
I already covered that here http://forums.thinkbroadband.com/fibre/t/4323595-pin...

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Hoolay88
(regular) Mon 21-Apr-14 17:07:26
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

but from all the replies on all the forums regarding this topic, your opinion seems to be alone...im not trying to say i know everything, my knowledge is extremely limited but im just saying how i and most other people have interpreted the information available regarding DLM profiles and interleaving etc
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 21-Apr-14 17:30:51
Print Post

Given this:
BTW "Standard" = Openreach "Speed"
BTW "Stable" = Openreach "Standard"
BTW "Superstable" = Openreach "Stable"
I believe everyone is on this by default:
BTW "Standard" = Openreach "Speed"
Further, I believe that it's only on this profile that Fastpath is possible.

I have discussed above why I believe this.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Hoolay88
(regular) Mon 21-Apr-14 17:38:12
Print Post

any links to sources to say all isp's use the speed profile?

If not, then i cant count on assumptions. Although mine view of different isp's possibly using different profiles is also an assumption, this is the whole reason of my questions to try and find out.
Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Apr-14 17:54:55
Print Post

You believe, but Hoolay, tommy and my opinions all seem to differ from yours.

I agree with what Tommy has said here, which also appears to me as to what hoolay is saying to.

My interpretation is that all three profiles can be on Fast path.

Speed will allow more errors before going to interleaving, or increasing it.
Standard will allow a few less errors before going to interleaving, or increasing it.
Stable will allow the least amount of errors before using interleaving, or increasing it.

You get errors regardless of being on fast path or not, they are just different types of errors.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 21-Apr-14 18:00:12
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by R0NSKI:
You believe, but Hoolay, tommy and my opinions all seem to differ from yours.
Really? Wow...

Standard User Hoolay88
(regular) Mon 21-Apr-14 18:15:21
Print Post

[re: R0NSKI] [link to this post]

leave him believe in his assumptions. ill just chose not to listen to them when deciding between zen and sky. IF all isp's do turn out to use the speed profile, then i believe ill end up going with sky, however if sky use standard or stable, then i'll most likely go with zen, just need to try and find out from someone who actually knows. frown going to have a look on skys forums
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Mon 21-Apr-14 18:16:05
Print Post

Everyone seems to be ignoring the fact that Forward Error Correction requires Interleaving to be already on.

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Apr-14 18:18:09
Print Post

I agree, I've posted a question in the main forum, hopefully well get some sensible answers with some decent reasoning.

Standard User R0NSKI
(fountain of knowledge) Mon 21-Apr-14 18:20:21
Print Post

I'm not, I know you only get FEC errors with interleaving on, but what's that got to do with it? To save derailing this thread any further I've started a topic on this, please post your reply there.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | [13] | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to