General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Apr-14 20:19:06
Print Post

Re: Ping graph request from Plusnet & Sky FTTC users please

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Not only ignore them but quite a few probably wouldn't notice any adverse effects prior to DLM's meddling , which could be considered unnecessary or a overreaction
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 23-Apr-14 20:39:29
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

I really think "speed" should be fastpath-only, "stable" should be interleaved-only and "standard" should be the one that flip-flops between fastpath and interleaved. It doesn't make sense that all 3 are virtually the same, there seems to be no advantage in choosing one.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Apr-14 20:45:03
Print Post

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
That's not what it says here smile
Static IP address

New: With either Sky Broadband Pro product, you can request a static IP address. This can be really useful if you are hosting your own server for gaming or even your own personal website. Already have a static IP address with O2 or BE? No problem - we will automatically set up a new one for you.

Line profile customisation

Coming Soon: Change your line profile for speed or reliability with either Sky Broadband Pro product. Sky Broadband Unlimited Pro even has a gaming mode, so you can enhance your gaming experience too.

Static IP address and line profile customisation features can be managed in My Sky.
Looks like you're the one getting confused. More edits required?

Yes had a read of the small print But Sky fibre pro , is only mentioned once i think, and sky broadband pro is mentioned several times So to me the info in this web page is for SK broadband pro products which doesnt include FTTC , therefore an error on sky's part or misinformation here is sky's main page and the small print what you quoted from

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 23-Apr-14 20:59:16
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Where is says
Change your line profile for speed or reliability with either Sky Broadband Pro product
there's only 2 on the page.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Hoolay88
(regular) Wed 23-Apr-14 21:18:08
Print Post

You should be ok with Zen. Once they realised their marketing error in setting everyone up as "Standard", they now choose "Speed". Obviously you'd be better on their own backhaul if it's available at your exchange, otherwise you'll have to make do with BTW.

would it make much difference being on BTW backhaul rather than Zens?

my local exchange is cricklewood (north west london) which doesnt have a PoP but an exchange about 1-2 miles away does, closer to central london.
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 23-Apr-14 21:28:22
Print Post

[re: Hoolay88] [link to this post]

I'm aware the BTW have had problem with capacity recently, so that would be the only issue you would be exposed to. Although saying that, anyone's backhaul can fill up, and BT seems to increase capacity fairly quickly. This is one of the advantages of Sky having their own backhaul and not being exposed to BT's massive customer increase. I'm not sure how Zen route the various exchanges with their own POP's

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Apr-14 22:06:22
Print Post

BTOR won't be giving sky or any ISP control over it's DLM or allow them to modify the default set up on its GEA FTTC products, That is assuming that it's even a possibilty for this to be implemented remotely any fttc cab , marketing spiel /hype and nothing more ,
otherwise we would of heard something about this being offered by BTOR from another ISP if & when they do offer this, they will offer it to all isp's not just sky,
But hey if you wanna belive the hype from sky,don't let me stop ya
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Wed 23-Apr-14 22:15:44
Print Post

How do you know? Emails from Liv perhaps?

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Wed 23-Apr-14 22:36:55
Print Post

How do you know? Emails from Liv perhaps?
Well if a DLM reset still requires an engineer visit to the cab, how would they be able to offer access to any isp ?

As every ISP will admit they have no direct control over BTOR's DLM the only form of control they do have is to be able to choose one of three GEA DLM profiles at time of order, or infact at anytime afterwards If this is something that BTOR are going to implement other isp's would be talking about it ,

Facts are none have been, go on ring around isp's ask them ,

Sky have failed to omit a clerical error, or they are intent on delibrately decieving potential new customers , that bit only sky will know the answer to well you would hope they would

Edited by tommy45 (Wed 23-Apr-14 22:38:13)

Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Wed 23-Apr-14 22:40:18
Print Post

In reply to a post by tommy45:
Sky have failed to omit a clerical error, or ....
Uh?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.
Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | [17] | 18 | 19 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to