General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Thu 24-Apr-14 00:33:54
Print Post

Re: Ping graph request from Plusnet & Sky FTTC users please

[re: BatBoy] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
BT also selects Speed as discussed earlier
If that is the case i'm suprised that they would choose the speed option, Personally i would think they would go for the standard or stable options, due to their wonder, sorry woefull support provided from afar
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 24-Apr-14 00:43:33
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

That is the default, no thinking required.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User RobertoS
(sensei) Thu 24-Apr-14 01:00:27
Print Post

I've seen no evidence. Only forum posts by people who are unlikely to "know for a fact". Only surmise; conjecture; opinion or deduction. False Authority Syndrome?

Where are the quotes from the BT Wholesale Handbook for instance? Where are the Openreach options specified? Have we any links at all to relevant documents?

My broadband basic info/help site - www.robertos.me.uk | Domains,site and mail hosting - Tsohost.
Connection - Plusnet UnLim Fibre (FTTC). Sync ~ 58.7/14.6Mbps @ 600m. - BQM

"Where talent is a dwarf, self-esteem is a giant." - Jean-Antoine Petit-Senn.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Allergy information: This post was manufactured in an environment where nuts are present. It may include traces of understatement, litotes and humour.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Thu 24-Apr-14 01:39:24
Print Post

[re: RobertoS] [link to this post]

It's in the links already posted.

______________________________________________________________________________________False_Authority_Syndrome__________________
Standard User Chrysalis
(legend) Thu 24-Apr-14 01:40:24
Print Post

In reply to a post by BatBoy:
I really think "speed" should be fastpath-only, "stable" should be interleaved-only and "standard" should be the one that flip-flops between fastpath and interleaved. It doesn't make sense that all 3 are virtually the same, there seems to be no advantage in choosing one.

probably your best post in this thread.

sadly common sense seems lacking in openreach. They dont like the end user having choice, they always know best is their mentality.

The problem is openreach use DLM as a way to hide faults. In their eyes if interleaving masks a problem then the line has no fault.

Standard User tommy45
(knowledge is power) Sun 27-Apr-14 14:07:02
Print Post

[re: Chrysalis] [link to this post]

Whilst i can't be sure what sky was referering to in regards their statement made in their advert on their web site, But i found this somewhat interesting

Info about BTOR giving some control on FTTC to ISP's

Although it is only at at talking stage at this time, and it maybe years away,If it ever happens So if sky where using a distant possibilty in their ads for FTTC that is missleading at the very least,
Standard User BatBoy
(legend) Sun 27-Apr-14 15:09:54
Print Post

[re: tommy45] [link to this post]

Lol, they pretend they're not the same company - "our suppliers". Only fooling themselves smile

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | [19] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to