General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User PaulKirby
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 06-Dec-16 03:07:24
Print Post

Re: Openreach Connectorised FTTP video

[re: WWWombat] [link to this post]

Oh right.
I know our fibre cables from our splitter node being daisy chained through all the DP's was all replaced with a 96 core cable that already had the fibres in the actual cable, I was talking to the engineers when they was replacing it, each cable was an extra metre feet or two either end and the next day a splicer guy came and connected it all up.
If I recall he spliced off about 10 or so fibres and spliced through the rest to the next cable and so on.

I have a piece of that cable here somewhere, its about half a foot long, I nabbed it when they was cleaning up their mess, might take some time finding it due to it was 17 months ago, but each of the 96 fibres was what looks to be glued in the tube.

As for why they used the 96 cores, I was told by the engineers it was the only cable they had.

Picture of the drum here, TBH I thought it was just the tubing, but when I asked them if they was going to blow the fibres down the tubing they said there is no need the fibres are already in the cable where one of the engineers showed me a piece.

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 - 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up)
TBB Speedtest

Edited by PaulKirby (Tue 06-Dec-16 03:09:53)

Standard User RickyTerzis
(newbie) Thu 03-Aug-17 18:39:40
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

Hi...i am a new user here. Are you referring to the cable from the CSP to the ONT?If so its a pre-made cable that is fed from inside the home and out through the drilled hole in the wall and then cut to length and spliced to the main drop / blown fibre cable.
Standard User PaulKirby
(knowledge is power) Fri 04-Aug-17 13:13:16
Print Post

[re: RickyTerzis] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by RickyTerzis:
Hi...i am a new user here. Are you referring to the cable from the CSP to the ONT?If so its a pre-made cable that is fed from inside the home and out through the drilled hole in the wall and then cut to length and spliced to the main drop / blown fibre cable.

No, I was referring to the fibre cable that was used to link the Splitter Node and the FibreDP hardware.

The black drop cable that has a blown fibre cable consisting of 4 very smaller fibres in it goes between the FibreDP and the CSP via the Fibre Manifold.

Yes there is a premade white cable with a connector one end which goes into the ONT, the other end goes through the drilled hole in the wall which the premade cable is cut to length and joint to the (I think blue fibre strand) in the CSP.

Paul

BTBroadband - Infinity 4 310Mbps (down), 31Mbps (up) FVA
TBB Speedtest | BQM #4 Linksys WRT 3200 ACM

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | [4] | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to