General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 09-Mar-17 15:35:02
Print Post

Re: BT Business Infinity Ultra 330/30 (FTTPoD)

[re: AndyHCZ] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
You can get a 1Gig circuit with free install for around £700 a month now on a 3 year

Really? Linebroker is giving me the cheapest price for a 1gig up & down leased line from BTw as £1326 per month on a 3 year contract. Would love to know who's offering it for £700 per month

http://linebroker.co.uk

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Thu 09-Mar-17 15:39:25
Print Post

[re: lee111s] [link to this post]

This is true, but I am expecting in the next few years to see FoD at a far lower cost than it is presently.

BT has the ambition for 12 million people to receive speeds over 100Mbps by 2020. It has made the commitment to pass 10 million homes with G.fast by 2020 and has the ambition for 1 million homes passed with FTTP (new builds/rural area/apartment blocks).

The other ambition is to reach 1 million businesses passed with FTTP by 2020, and they seem to be on the right track with this area with the business park expansion.

Even with these ultra fast plans, you're still leaving a gap of some 17 million premises. This is where I think we will see a more competitively priced FoD in the right areas.
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Thu 09-Mar-17 15:43:51
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

You need to speak to Barry as I'm not sure his site has the latest offers yet.

It does also depend on your location and the nearest PoP.

As he said on the ISPr site, 'Virgin are fighting back with attractive pricing on their Internet leased lines. We had a couple of quotes generated on our portal today for Gig/Gig in both London & Manchester @ £608 p.m. with free install'.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User craski
(member) Thu 09-Mar-17 15:47:59
Print Post

[re: PaulKirby] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by PaulKirby:
Well if its the same as FTTP, its not a guarantee of a minimum of 70Mbps, but 40Mbps.

According to the WBC FTTP Product descriptions for 330Mbit/s FTTP there are two levels of "Service Variant", Standard has a "Minimum 'Best Efforts' Planned Downstream Throughput (Mbits/s)" of 40. Elevated has a "Minimum 'Best Efforts' Planned Downstream Throughput (Mbits/s)" of 70.

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Thu 09-Mar-17 15:49:05
Print Post

I think so too. As more fibre gets rolled out, there's more nodes available.

FoD2 with connectorisation should reduce some of the time spent for the construction and it'll mostly just be duct work.

Again as fibre heads deeper, more of the dirty ducting would have already been "recently" cleared.

I'd pay a couple of grand for FTTP no problem.
Standard User craski
(member) Thu 09-Mar-17 15:51:36
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by baby_frogmella:
Would love to know who's offering it for £700 per month

Same here, Just a few days ago I got a leased line quote on linebroker for 300Mb on 1000Mb bearer and price was £1032/Month.

Zen Unlimited Fibre Office BQM
Standard User AndyHCZ
(experienced) Thu 09-Mar-17 16:00:07
Print Post

They certainly seem to have improved the processes for building and installing FTTP. However, it's still labour intensive and costly.

An idea I was thinking about was a concept similar to FTTC waiters. So BT offer FoD at a lower cost with normal GEA-FTTP line rental rates, if a certain number of orders are placed by those connected to an individual cabinet. Say £500 per person for installation (no idea if this is realistic) and when they hit a certain number of orders for people on a specific cabinet, BT proceeds with the build (subject to the usual surveys etc).
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-Mar-17 17:45:50
Print Post

In reply to a post by AndyHCZ:
Leased lines are not that much now.

You can get a 1Gig circuit with free install for around £700 a month now on a 3 year contract.

£700 x 36 monthly charge total £25,200.

No thanks too expensive!
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Thu 09-Mar-17 17:47:10
Print Post

[re: adslmax] [link to this post]

You're not a business.
Standard User adslmax
(knowledge is power) Thu 09-Mar-17 17:49:52
Print Post

Yes that's true but my small business can have it if the directors want it. Where I work is a fibre cabinet just five steps walk from it. My company can easily get FTTC 80/20 full speed no problem at the business park. .

Edited by adslmax (Thu 09-Mar-17 17:50:38)

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [11] | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | (show all)   Print Thread

Jump to