General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | [15] | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User ansam
(member) Thu 23-Mar-17 15:38:21
Print Post

Re: BT Business Infinity Ultra 330/30 (FTTPoD)

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

Hello,

How much monthly bandwidth are you getting from them?

-Sam

Connection - Sky Fibre Pro 80/20.
My Broadband Ping
Standard User lee111s
(experienced) Thu 23-Mar-17 15:54:31
Print Post

[re: ansam] [link to this post]

330/30 with unlimited usage I'd suspect
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 23-Mar-17 16:13:28
Print Post

[re: ansam] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by ansam:
Hello,

How much monthly bandwidth are you getting from them?

-Sam

Truly unlimited usage on the 330/30 package. Otherwise I wouldn't have touched Fluidone with a bargepole if they had any sort of bandwidth limits.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
TalkTalk Business 80/20
Netgear R9000 X10 running OpenWRT
My Broadband Quality Monitor
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

(fountain of knowledge) Thu 04-May-17 06:15:58
Print Post

Looks like the service will be going live very soon. Everything except the jointing work is complete, and this was scheduled in for w/c 15th May using local Openreach Engineers. However i got a call from Openreach yesterday saying that the order has been classed as an "escalated install" and that they will be sending a team of Engineers from NW England to the Highlands to start the jointing work next week - working over the weekend if necessary. This is expected to take 7-10 days and I hope to have the service live by 19th May. I suspect Fluidone prodded Openreach to stop faffing around and speed things up.

Kudos to Openreach smile
(fountain of knowledge) Tue 16-May-17 16:18:48
Print Post

Woo hoo its getting tantalizingly close!

Had the Customer Splice Point (CSP) and internal cabling (inc ONT) installed today. Just work at the exchange remains which should be completed by Friday.

Quick question wrt CSP: the fibre cable is exposed externally for a few cm's, should I be concerned (ie shoddy work) or is it an armoured cable?
https://postimg.org/image/w218r8m51/

Internal entry point: (fibre cable goes off to the left)
https://postimg.org/image/792lopf6r/

ONT unit - installed next to BT master socket:
https://postimg.org/image/yox6gwl73/

I asked the Openreach bod not to install a battery backup unit (BBU) since its a data only service, for 3 years at least. Will continue to use copper (eurrggh) for voice service, may look into getting a FVA service once I'm able to go to a native FTTP service. In any case the LAN ports on the ONT are disabled in the event of a power cut.

------------------------------------------------------
Fluidone FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Powered by Netgear R9000 X10

Edited by baby_frogmella (Tue 16-May-17 16:34:33)

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Tue 16-May-17 16:33:32
Print Post

Quick question wrt CSP: the fibre cable is exposed externally for a few cm's, should I be concerned (ie shoddy work) or is it an armoured cable?
https://postimg.org/image/w218r8m51/
Nope that looks like a neat and tidy job to me. The fibre lead in is ruggedised with kevlar strands surrounding it, it is designed to be externally wall mounted.

Have only done the fit on a couple of these, and in both cases it had traffic on the fibre when I got there and was live when I fired it up ?

(fountain of knowledge) Tue 16-May-17 17:00:17
Print Post

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Have only done the fit on a couple of these, and in both cases it had traffic on the fibre when I got there and was live when I fired it up ?

Thanks. The Engineer was supposed to install just the CSP this morning, however to save time he said he would do the internal cabling as well. However its not live yet, PON light on ONT is off. I suspect once the exchange work is completed, he will come back to ensure the service is up & running.

Fluidone FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps