General Discussion
  >> Fibre Broadband

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Pages in this thread: << 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | [16] | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | (show all)   Print Thread
Standard User baby_frogmella
(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-May-17 11:22:04
Print Post

Re: BT Business Infinity Ultra 330/30 (FTTPoD)

[re: Zarjaz] [link to this post]

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
Paint over it, you'll not get in any bother. Before you paint squirt a little blob of mastic into said hole and paint over the whole shebang when dry - sorted.

Thanks mate, will do as you've suggested.

Fluidone have advised me "even when the final install is done it still takes 5 working days for BT to hand the line over to us, so this might be another week away"

Need to be patient frown

------------------------------------------------------
Fluidone FTTP On Demand 330/30 Mbps
Powered by Netgear R9000 X10
Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-May-17 15:29:50
Print Post

[re: baby_frogmella] [link to this post]

I've no experience of an FTTPoD install for FluidOne, the couple I have done have been for BT Business customers, so I guess yes, patience for a short while longer. No PON light yet I take it ?

(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-May-17 15:49:51
Print Post

Correct, no PON light yet.

Register (or login) on our website and you will not see this ad.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-May-17 19:23:01
Print Post

So maybe that was the nature of the oblique reference from the installer, and whats lacking in the exchange is the link to their kit ...... ?

(fountain of knowledge) Thu 18-May-17 19:47:42
Print Post

In reply to a post by Zarjaz:
So maybe that was the nature of the oblique reference from the installer, and whats lacking in the exchange is the link to their kit ...... ?

I think this is the case. In the meantime if I leave the ONT switched on, will the PON light automatically come on when the fibre is lit up or will I need to reboot the ONT after activation? If the latter, then I might as well just switch it off and fire it up once or twice a day to check for activation.

Standard User Zarjaz
(eat-sleep-adslguide) Thu 18-May-17 20:53:17
Print Post

In the meantime if I leave the ONT switched on, will the PON light automatically come on when the fibre is lit up or will I need to reboot the ONT after activation?

Depends, hopefully the chap who fitted the ONTE has recorded the ONTE serial number onto the system, if so it should just all build itself when when the light from the ONTE is picked up on the head end ......... but since you don't even have a flashing (unsynchronised sorta) PON light, yeah, might as well turn it off for now.

(fountain of knowledge) Fri 19-May-17 12:34:55
Print Post

The PON light is now flashing green and an OR Engineer popped over this morning to do some signal quality tests at the CSP and at the DP. He said if the tests come back all ok he will inform the Activations team at OR today. So fingers crossed, not long to go now smile